Anitbiotics or hormones are wearing me out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anitbiotics or hormones are wearing me out Anitbiotics or hormones are wearing me out

Unread 01-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Anitbiotics or hormones are wearing me out

I am 3 weeks post op now, i saw dr last friday and had vaginitus so on antibiotics also started hormone replacement that Sat. I feel crappy wondering if it is the antibiotics or the hormones? anyone have similar issue? I have been feeling incredibly well up until starting taking both of these.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Re: Anitbiotics or hormones are wearing me out

What antibiotic? What hormone and what dose? I started HRT 4 days post op and that part of recovery improved within a couple of days. I have been on many antibiotics over the last few years and some make me feel worse than the condition I am taking them for.
Unread 01-10-2012, 06:20 PM

on Metronidazole 500mg and the hormone is Vivelle dot 0.05mg patches, dr said this has less side effects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2012, 06:27 PM

I am on Vivelle dot .1 and did not notice any tiredness but there is a forum for HRT you might ask there.

Here are the potential side effects of the antibiotic per drugs.com

Metronidazole side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to metronidazole: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

•numbness or tingling in your hands or feet;

•white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips;

•pain or burning when you urinate;

•diarrhea that is watery or bloody;

•vision problems, pain behind your eyes;

•trouble concentrating, slurred speech, mood or behavior changes, tremors, muscle twitching, seizure (convulsions);

•fever, chills, muscle pain, confusion, headache, sore throat, neck stiffness, increased sensitivity to light, drowsiness, nausea and vomiting; or

•severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.

Less serious metronidazole side effects may include:

•stomach pain, diarrhea;

•dizziness, loss of balance;

•vaginal itching or discharge;

•dry mouth or unpleasant metallic taste;

•cough, sneezing, runny or stuffy nose; or

•swollen or sore tongue

and here are the listed side effects for Vivelle dot

Vivelle Patch
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Vivelle Patch:

Bone or limb pain; breakthrough bleeding; breast tenderness; dizziness or lightheadedness; neck or back pain; nausea; skin redness/irritation at the application site; upset stomach; weight change.

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Vivelle Patch:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); abnormal vaginal bleeding; breast lumps; breast pain; changes in vaginal bleeding (eg, spotting, breakthrough bleeding, prolonged bleeding); changes in vision or speech (eg, change in contact lens fit, loss of vision); chest pain; coughing of blood; mental/mood changes (eg, severe depression, memory loss); one-sided weakness; pain or tenderness in calves or chest; pain, swelling, or tenderness in the stomach; severe headache or vomiting; sudden, severe headache, vomiting, dizziness, or fainting; sudden shortness of breath; swelling of hands or feet; unusual vaginal discharge, itching, or odor; weakness or numbness of an arm or leg; yellowing of the skin or eyes

I hope you feel better soon!
Unread 01-10-2012, 06:36 PM

Thank you for the information, not feeling any of those things just wore out. Perhaps I am doing too much. I will keep an eye if any other symptoms come up. Thank you!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register