Yearly exams | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Yearly exams

Is it really necessary to go back for a yearly exam when you only have ovaries?
I am really considering not going back, I don't even think my insurance will cover an exam now that I don't have anything to check.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Yearly exams

That's a good question. My doctor expects me back, but I'm not sure about my insurance, either. She said herself that I won't need yearly pap smears.
Unread 01-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Yearly exams

I asked doctor that same question...........She said I would still need a vaginal exam ( no pap smear ) every year. They still check the ovaries........My insurance didn't cover yearly visits any way !!!!!!!!! (Blows my mind.......they would pay thousands of dollars if I really had something wrong, but WON"T pay for prevention..........go figure !)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Yearly exams

My doctor said that I would still need a vaginal swipe at the top of the vagina (I guess the cuff) to make sure. My insurance company pays for a well women visist once a year along with a mamo
Unread 01-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Yearly exams

My GYN has also recommended annual exams. I don't have my uterus or cervix, but I kept my ovaries. I had 13 cm of fibroids in my uterus and never knew it. I WANT my doctor to check my ovaries every year. I don't trust that I'd feel if one of my ovaries started to get enlarged. Please check with your insurance since you do still have ovaries.
Unread 01-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Yearly exams

I have my cervix, so I was told I have to go back every year.
Unread 01-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Yearly exams

I have my 6 month visit scheduled on Thursday. Did anyone have to go back after 6 months? The doctor is not doing an ultrasound or CT scan. I don't know what he can possibly be checking. I have nothing left! The nurse said he just does a pelvic exam. I feel as some of you do - that is a waste of time and money. Am I wrong?
Unread 01-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Yearly exams

I have to go back every 2 years for a check up just on ovaries. Had both the uterus and cervix out. My OB said she wants to keep track of the ovaries but don't need to do a swab. My insurance covers it 1 exam every year since I still have the ovaries. I would call your insurance and see what they have to say.
Unread 01-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Yearly exams

I had my yearly exam when we decided to get the uterus out. I said do you still need to do a pap since your taking it out, he said yes and that I will also get a pelvic exam every year. Plus he can order my mammogram at that time too.. I think it's a good idea to be checked every year. They also prescribes our hormones if were on them.
Happy healing ladies!!
's
Deb
Unread 01-17-2007, 06:11 AM
Yearly exams

If you kept your ovaries and never went back to gyn, how would you know if you developed ovarian cancer, or cysts on ovaries? I can't even imagine an insurance company not paying for prevention. Isnt that just ridiculous? They pay out millions of dollars every year for those who get cancer and such but wont pay for a check up on someone who still has ovaries left? Do people who run health insurance companies have any brains? .......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register