Had some procedures done Friday.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had some procedures done Friday.... Had some procedures done Friday....

Unread 10-26-2009, 08:59 AM
Had some procedures done Friday....

My name is Kim and i am 32...I have not been here in a hwile but thought I had better check back in as my issues have gotten worse. I was having loads of bleeding and pain and nothing the docs were doing seemed to help. I went in Friday morning for Laporoscopy, Hysteroscopy and D&C . When I came out I found out all went well with that but they had to remove alot of scar tissue. Also found that my uterus was attaching itself to a muscle wall in there. Dont know why or what it means or even what could be done for it. They took lots of samples and sent them off for testing. Back in August I did have a Endometrial biopsy done. I also knew I had a fibroid tumor. I go back on Thursday to have my follow-up and am dreading it. Really ner vous about what I may be told. I have already prepareed myself for this if it is needed. All I know is pain is not normal and this bleeding is not normal. I feel worse since I had the surgery Friday but am hoping it will all go away soon. Has anyone else ever been told your uterus was attaching itself to a wall inside you and if so what was done for you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Re: Had some procedures done Friday....

I havent actually been told that but I had a large band of scar tissue from my uterus that was connected to my colon. ugh! We just never know what is going on inside our bodies! I did have a Endometriel biopsy also and then later a Laporoscopy, Hysterscopy, D&C and uterine ablation. I did not feel well afterwards and it didnt stop my bleeding. I had a TVH two months later. I am feeling better now and of course no bleeding! Went to doc about once a month for year before he would do anything! Good luck to you!
Unread 10-27-2009, 09:59 PM

Thank you hun...sounds like we have similar stories. I have not had an ablation altho it was mentioned to me. I did not feel it was the right decision for me and after going to my 4th doctor who is the one who did my procedures he too felt as if it was ot needed at this time until after we got a diagnosis. I did end up calling my doc and rescheduling my appt from this thursday until tuesday of next week so I can go in my own town instead of having to travel when it is around time for me to be home for kids. Anyway I asked the nurse about the uterus attaching itself to the wall and what the doc was talking about when he mentioned a shot to my husband and she said that for me not to quote her and to wait until I got the final results from him but that it did sound like endometriosis to her. She said that I would be able to get all the answers I needed when I go to the appt. So I am going in with an open mind and trying to not read into what she said too much but I have to say this is what I have suspected all along. I dont know about the shot just yet because she was unable to go into that of course. So would any of you happen to know what she may be talking about or if you took a shot for endometriosis or the uterus attaching to a wall or anything. I know I sound confused and I am but I am hoping you girls can understand what I mean. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2009, 10:22 AM

Ok so today the bleeding is worse and the pain is worse and is actually in my back too. This is definitely my period. They told me that it may or may not come on time and it looks like it did. They also told me it should be better than it use to be and it is worse. I am so not liking this. Is this normal? Thinking I may need to call doctor back.
Unread 10-30-2009, 05:03 AM

Feeling much better today than before. Still bleeding pretty heavy and clotting alot. Pain was pretty intense yesterday but today so far is better. Hoping it stays that way. Kinda surprised about the heavy bleeding sicne I was told it should not be that bad but this is my first period and came kinda quick after procedure so guess it is not so uncommon. Just wish it would go away already. My incisions are the hardest part because I have to wear panties for the pads and cant wear tampons so the panties rub right on those incisions. Kinda sucks cuz I am stuck and cant really do anything but try my best to keep them off if them. The one in my belly button is making me sick. Everytime I go to clean it I get nauseas just cuz of where it is. So I am hoping that goes away really soon. Fingers crossed. am just glad to be feeling better.
Unread 10-30-2009, 06:02 PM

I never had to clean my belly button incision (I have had three different lap surgeries) or any of the lap incisions for that matter. Are they oozing? If so, you might want to let your doctor know.

in there! The incisions do heal! Take it all one day at a time!

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:06 PM

They told me to clean mine once a day with some mild soap and water. They are irritated from where the band of my undies rub them but I am trying to watch that. I cant stop wearing them for having to wear a pad. Yesterday the bleeding stopped but then my hubby and I went to the store to pick up a few things. I picked up a bag of halloween candy and put it on the counter and got really dizzy and hot sweats and felt a gush in my pants. I was just happy that I had wore a pad just in case. However I felt extremely sick for some reason and after a few minutes of my hubby and daughter asking me if I was OK I felt fine and was able to move again. I dont know what happened. The I bled for a while last night and today have not bled again. I have been cautious and stayed home today to kinda relax. So far so good. I am still having a little pain down there inside. Feels like the same pain I was having before the procedure...the reason for the procesdure actually. So just waiting til Tuesday now in hopes of good news and getting these stitches out.
Unread 11-03-2009, 08:05 PM

Postin now in pre-op hysterectomy support. Thanks girls.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register