Dr. Appointment Tomorrow Morning | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dr. Appointment Tomorrow Morning Dr. Appointment Tomorrow Morning

Unread 08-26-2013, 12:24 AM
Dr. Appointment Tomorrow Morning

I was recovering pretty well until I strained my back. I don't know how, but I was in a lot of pain. Finally had to go to the urgent care center after a week and get a shot and Naproxen for pain/swelling. Wow, I guess I was compensating for the pain in my belly by using my back to get me up from a laying down position. I also used Solanpas patches on my back for the pain. Those work pretty well. Since they go straight to the muscle, it won't bother your stomach. I wish I had lost weight prior to the surgery, it would have been easier for me. That's what I would recommend to anyone having surgery...to lose weight first. I feel like I don't have energy like before and I get confused/make mistakes often. I swear every time I have an operation I lose brain cells (not joking here.) I can only pray that I have no more operations. My back is finally feeling better after two weeks. That's a relief. My husband and I are moving on Wednesday, but he won't let me move a box. He's scared I may end up back at the hospital. Overall, I think the surgery was a success and I don't have much to complain about. I have a few challenges, but I feel God's spirit and my mom's spirit with me every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2013, 02:10 AM
Re: Dr. Appointment Tomorrow Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by hystersisters48 View Post
I was recovering pretty well until I strained my back. I don't know how, but I was in a lot of pain. Finally had to go to the urgent care center after a week and get a shot and Naproxen for pain/swelling. Wow, I guess I was compensating for the pain in my belly by using my back to get me up from a laying down position. I also used Solanpas patches on my back for the pain. Those work pretty well. Since they go straight to the muscle, it won't bother your stomach. I wish I had lost weight prior to the surgery, it would have been easier for me. That's what I would recommend to anyone having surgery...to lose weight first. I feel like I don't have energy like before and I get confused/make mistakes often. I swear every time I have an operation I lose brain cells (not joking here.) I can only pray that I have no more operations. My back is finally feeling better after two weeks. That's a relief. My husband and I are moving on Wednesday, but he won't let me move a box. He's scared I may end up back at the hospital. Overall, I think the surgery was a success and I don't have much to complain about. I have a few challenges, but I feel God's spirit and my mom's spirit with me every day.
Hey princess!

So glad to hear that you are feeling better! ...know exactly what you mean about the brain cells. I've had a few major surgeries as well and I'm always telling my doctor that I don't feel as 'sharp' as I use to be. I also complain that I feel my eyesight is worse after every G.A. She tells me it gets better so I'm waiting....patiently

As for moving princess, your hubby is right! PLEASE do not pick up ANYTHING! You are still early in recovery and everything is healing inside and out, so you will just have to control yourself and not try to help. Bending over is also a no-no. I know it will be hard for you not to 'get in there' and help him, but you have to think of your recovery and your long term health.

So take care beautiful girl and let that hubby of yours pamper you like you deserve. You can make up for it later when you are fully recovered and it will be better for both of you!

Hugs galore and wishing you continued happy healings! God bless you. xoxo.
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:45 AM

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. Sorry for the late reply, but I am still learning about this website! Duh...a bit slow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. Sorry for the late reply, but I am still learning about this website! Duh...a bit slow
Hey there beautiful girl! Good to hear form you and hope all is well with you and your moving How did it go?

Hope you are keeping well and continuing to recover from your surgery.

Wishing you continued happy healings and hugs galore, xoxo.
Unread 09-19-2013, 11:58 PM

All moved in, but still organizing. Much happier here, than at the old place. Avoided lifting things. Husband was great about everything. It was hard for me to let him do most of the work. I like to be strong and get things done fast. This operation has taught me patience and appreciation for God's blessings.
Unread 09-20-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
All moved in, but still organizing. Much happier here, than at the old place. Avoided lifting things. Husband was great about everything. It was hard for me to let him do most of the work. I like to be strong and get things done fast. This operation has taught me patience and appreciation for God's blessings.
Good girl!!!! You've done the right thing and taken things easy and carefully and thought of your long term health and recovery! I know it was hard for you but hubby loves you so much and he understands that it was out of your control and he was more than happy to look after you and pamper his princess like she deserves.

Also wonderful to hear you so happy with your move and you'll have so many new and happy memories to look forward to and make together, bless you both. I wish you and hubby every happiness in your new home beautiful girl. xoxo.

Take care sweet girl and wishing you continued happy healings (and patience). Just take it one step at a time, one day at a time, listen to your body and before you know it you'll be running and taking flight!.

God's blessings be upon you both and hugs galore.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register