Second biopsy...ouch! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Second biopsy...ouch! Second biopsy...ouch!

Unread 12-06-2004, 09:49 AM
Second biopsy...ouch!

I went in for a second uterine biopsy in 2 weeks. Doc said that there was not enough tissue from the first biopsy for the lab to to say where it was okay. The first one was painful, but I almost went thru the roof this time! Anyone experienced this?????
I guess she really had to dig and she said that she still doesn't think she got enough tissue this time. She gave me a pill for pain and said to go home and rest. I've been bleeding for 2 weeks and told her that from the size of some of the clots , I might have passed my uterus, therefore, no need for surgery! She laughed and said that maybe that's why she can't get enough tissue. At this point, I don't care how if she opens me up, slices and dices, pulls, tugs, etc. I just want it done!!! She also gave me a script for Ambien (sp) to take so I'm rested up for surgery. I haven't been getting a full night's sleep for awhile.

I'm going to curl up with my pups and take a rest. I had a planned vacation day from work today to get Christmas stuff done, etc. but I don't feel like doing a thing.

Take care, ladies

Aimster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Second biopsy...ouch!

I had 2 uterine biopsies earlier this year - they were further apart than yours, but I also found the 2nd time to be a LOT harder.
First one was more in the "very uncomfortable" category.... 2nd one was "I could go right thru the ceiling"
I was just reaching tail end of more than 30 straight days of bleeding, so thought that had something to do w/pain level & sensitivity. He commented on enlarged & "sensitive"(!) uterus.
Bled a lot after 2nd time -
so glad to be done with it all now!
Take good care of yourself leading up to your surg date - & best wishes to you with it all!
Unread 12-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Second biopsy...ouch!

Hi Ruby: Thanks for the reply. Guess I'm not a "whimp" since you experienced the same thing. I rested for an hour or so and think I feel better. I guess it's time to tackle the wrapping of the gifts.......yuck!

I bet you are so happy your surgery is behind you! I know I can't wait....especially now.

Happy Holidays!

Aimster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Second biopsy...ouch!

nope - we're not wimps at all!
If a man had to do this stuff I'm sure there would be a painfree way !!!

Hang in there & take good care of yourself in these days leading up to your surgery! Soon it will be behind you too!
Unread 12-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Second biopsy...ouch!

If men had to do this (or have babies, or if they had periods), morphine would be an OTC drug. LOL
Unread 12-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Second biopsy...ouch!

LOL!!!!

Thanks for the chuckle, and oh how true! It's the end of the world if my DH even gets a splinter....LOL!

I wrapped some presents and sitting on the floor made my "condition" worse. I'm ready for bed already even having a nap today. It's back to work tomorrow so got to get rested.

Thanks again,
Aimster
Unread 12-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Second biopsy...ouch!

Boy was I HAPPY to see this post and know I'm not alone!! I had my first (and boy-oh-boy do I hope my LAST) uterine biopsy today, and mine was a thru the ceiling experience!!

I actually ended up crying AND having a panic attack during the procedure, and I'm really not a wimp! I left my doc's office crying, and my two sisters were there waiting for me with big shoulders for me to cry on.

I just had NO IDEA it could be so painful. I've never been pregnant, and one of my fibroids is so big that it has shoved my cervix, etc out of normal alignment. My doc commented on that, so just wonder if the whole thing was so painful for a variety of reasons? I actually checked out the tissue sitting in the speciimen container afterwards, and oh-I-hope that it's enough because if I have to do that again I'm going to need some kind of tranquilizer, and that's no joke................

Ii don't mean to scare anyone uneccessarily, but just maybe be aware that it can be uncomfortable, to give-me-drugs-or-else!!

Thanks Aimster for posting, as I was going to ask the same thing. Hyster sisters unite!!
Unread 12-07-2004, 04:58 AM
Second biopsy...ouch!

Hi Jpod! I know, I can't believe they can't numb it in there before they go in and start digging! I would rather have a tooth drilled without novacane(sp)!!!! It's funny that you mentioned seeing your sample afterwards. Me too, it's right there on the counter and thru my tears and after I straighted up I ck'd it out and it didn't look like it was as much as the first one. My doc said she didn't think she got enough but won't put me thru it again. She told me because I haven't had children that it's narrow in there and the uterus is high so that's why it's painful and hard for her to do. I just pray she keeps her word and doesn't torchure me again! I still have pain/cramping today and I'm still "going" so I know that doesn't help the situation. I can't wait to get this over with so I can be a pain-free princess!!!

Take care and have a great day!
Aimster
Unread 12-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Second biopsy...ouch!

Hi Sisters,

I also had a thru the ceiling experience with my biopsy. My Dr. is a man, and he said the famous line "You're going to feel some "pressure". Ha! I almost came off that table!!!

I later had a mental image of him being on the table, with me having the surgical tools in my hand. I would be saying
"Pressure? I'll show ya pressure, buddy."

Oh, well, if there is ever a next time I will insist on sedation, or some potent painkillers beforehand.

Take care, all

Rosalie
Unread 12-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Second biopsy...ouch!

Oh yeah -- of all the euphemisms for pain "pressure" is my favorite! I couldn't have a biopsy because my ever-so-stubborn cervix wouldn't budge (but not for trying) OWWWW...I remember it well. Won't be sad to see the end of that naughty cervix (I hope).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register