How many need a hyst for fibroids? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How many need a hyst for fibroids? How many need a hyst for fibroids?

Unread 11-13-2007, 08:18 PM
How many need a hyst for fibroids?

Alittle help here? I need to start a new thread so I dont interrupt everyone. I have a question that my doctor said only people with personal experience could answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 08:46 PM

I had surgery to remove my fibroids twice. Each time, there were multiple 5 cm fibroids within a year or two. Mine were symptomatic; I had a lot of pain with periods, heavy bleeding, anemia, bladder leakage, and irregular cycles. When my surgery was done, we expected at least three fibroids. I didn't even think to ask afterward how many there were because they discovered stage iv endometriosis covering everything. The endo and scar tissue/adhesions were a MUCH greater issue at the time. (Neither had been a problem at the previous myomectomy only two years earlier.)

I feel so much better than I did before. They ended up doing a total with BSO, removing cervix and ovaries. I take vitamins and supplements rather than hormones. My only problem now is vaginal dryness and a lower drive.
Unread 11-13-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraJo
Alittle help here? I need to start a new thread so I dont interrupt everyone. I have a question that my doctor said only people with personal experience could answer.
Did you figure out how to start a new post?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 08:51 PM

Yes, Thank you I cant believe I didnt think of that before, DAH
Unread 11-13-2007, 08:53 PM

You are welcome. I hope you get some helpful answers.
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:41 PM

Has anyone had an enlarged uterus without fibroids? Mine hasn't had any tests done to see if I have them. He just said that my uterus was enlarged. Back in August he did several ultra sounds for a cyst so I guess he could have seen them then if they were there. My uterus wasn't enlarged then though. He found that out during my last post op visit. He's never mentioned any fibroids in my uterus. The cyst was in my left ovary.
Unread 11-13-2007, 11:51 PM
Surgery due to fibroids

Hello,

This is my first time responding to anything, I have been reading alot of the pre/post suggestions, and etc.. I am scheduled to have a TAH on November 29, 2007. I am having it due to fibroids as well as pain during cycle and intimacy, I also have some adhesions too. By this being my 7th surgery, the 6th time in the same spot, I am kind of nervous, not knowing what to expect. I will be keeping my ovaries. I've read that some kept cervix, does it make a difference if you keep it or not?

Greater07
Unread 11-14-2007, 02:59 AM

I have had problems for over a year because I didn't feel that I was "old enough" for a hysterectomy. I know now that If there is a problem it needs to be taken care of. I got worse after taking hormones.

You can always adopt there are so many children that need a parent in this world.
Unread 11-14-2007, 07:48 AM

I have many fibroids in my uterus and now have a mass that can't be determined as yet. I go in for laparoscopy surgery tomorrow and Dr. will fix the problem then. May have to have a hyster. HOWEVER, I did contact interventional radiologists, who do minimally invasive stuff to cut off the blood supply of fibroids. I wasn't a candidate for this because the mass may not be a fibroid and that's all they do. They couldn't go in a take a look because that's not what they do, they just specialize in fibroids. I do know people who have used Interventional radiologists and they were home the same day, no problems. I searched Google for Dr.s and found 2 in my area who were supposed to be top notch in their specialty. Perhaps you can check it out, google is a wonderful source. Don't hastliy make your decision. With me, I have no symtoms, just a lot of fibroids, n large new mass now that has to be examined. I', post menopausal so usual they shrink, mine aren't. It's unsettling to me because I will be going in tomorrow and won't know what happened until I wake up! Good luck to you. NOTSO
Unread 11-14-2007, 10:26 AM

I had TAH 3 weeks ago for fibroids. My bladder issues were the main concerns for me. I had 2 vaginal ultrasounds 6 months apart prior to deciding on the TAH and my fibroids were definitely growing. I haven't been to my checkup yet so I haven't read the complete pathology report but one of my fibroids was as big as a softball and I had multiple smaller ones that were dealing my bladder misery not to mention numerous adhesions from my previous c-sections. I'm doing well with my recovery and I just know that I will feel soooo much better when I am all healed. Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register