Laeves Falling=Mold=Bronchial Problems | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Laeves Falling=Mold=Bronchial Problems Laeves Falling=Mold=Bronchial Problems

Unread 10-05-2001, 07:01 AM
Laeves Falling=Mold=Bronchial Problems

The leaves are falling and this causes the dreaded seasonal mold. Mold causes me to develop a heavy feeling in my chest every autumn even though when I go to my GP he says I don’t sound bad enough to be considered asthmatic; my bronchial tubes are just irritated.

Would this be considered enough of a problem for the anesthesiologist to call the whole surgery thing off? How much of a cough is considered too much? Is anyone aware of any preventative medicines for bronchial conditions worth trying? (Just in your opinions.)

I will be seeing my surgeon on the 16th of October so I will find out what he has to say. In the meantime, anything I do outside, like raking – I have a 100 year old maple tree- I have purchased myself those white face masks to help ward off excess mold inhalation.

Just looking for suggestions because I know that you ladies are smarter and more experienced than most of those ol’doc’s! (Come –on – you know it’s true!)

Mugwump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2001, 12:37 PM

Hello Mugwump!

I'm going to tell you a little story and you can take it as you want.

In 1993 I went in for a lap. for endo. Came back negative. 2 days later was admitted in the hospital because my bladder was perforated during the lap. Had emergency bladder surgery. When staples were being taken out a week or so later my incision split open. I had a very large goose egg opening in the lower part of my vertical incision. This was suppose to heal and close by itself but after about a week it was determined that it was not healing so it was done surgically. During that "simple" procedure, it was noticed that I needed a bowel resection due to adhesions. This all resulted in over 4 weeks in the hospital and several months recovery at home.

Moral of my story to you is that before I went for the outpatient lap, I had a slight cold and cough. Some think that the cough added to my complications of the incision opening up - not holding my belly when coughing. Also, ended up with phenomena.

I am 2 weeks to my TAH/BSO and I can tell you that if I have the least bit of cold I'm calling it off. Talk to you doctor. I just know that you will make the right decision for you. I truly wish you the very best and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Unread 10-05-2001, 12:47 PM

Mugwump, I understand your concerns. I have asthma and I was concerned about the surgery due to this. Everything went fine for me. During the hospital stay I had to use my Pro Ventil on a regular basis and then use the asperator (sp is wrong). I have done fine. My GP did not want to put me on any medications for it because of side effects and I thought he was full of bull and went to an allergist. I would suggest seeing an allergist. They measure your breathing and can determine if you are a true asthmatic. Molds are one of my big triggers also.
Be sure to carry your tummy pillow with you at all times to support your belly when coughing. I found (quite by accident) that one of the neck roll pillows works wonderful! It was gave to me as a gift a year ago in a stress relief kit from RedEnvelope.com and really is wonderful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register