Sex after DaVinci | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex after DaVinci Sex after DaVinci

Unread 07-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Sex after DaVinci

I am 4 1/2 weeks post op. I kept my cervix so I have no vaginal cuff. My Dr cleared me for swimming and tub baths at 4 weeks. He didn't mention sex. Since I kept my cervix and dont have the cuff to worry about does that mean I am free for sex also? I dont see him again for 4 weeks, at which time he will release me to work. He was going to release me to work at 1 week post op, but my job gives 12 weeks after a hyst, so we decided I would take the summer off! I know everyones response will be, call the Dr... I am wanting to hear from women who kept their cervix...when were you released for sexual intercourse. We have been having outtercourse since 1 week post op with no problems at all. Any input will be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Re: Sex after DaVinci

I kept my cervix and was released at my 10 day appointment which was a surprise. We waited until I felt ready and comfortable which was around the two week mark. If you do decide you are ready to try I found that being on top made me more relaxed because of being in control!
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:06 PM

Wow 10 days huh, I really feel I am ready. I am doing everything else, and feel great. Think I may surprise him when he comes home from work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2012, 09:11 PM

I kept part of my cervix and I saw my Dr today. I asked when I can" get my groove back" and she said 6 Weeks. Not any sooner
Unread 07-03-2012, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwadeb1990 View Post
Wow 10 days huh, I really feel I am ready. I am doing everything else, and feel great. Think I may surprise him when he comes home from work!
You've had such a beautiful recovery so far, please don't have sex until you call your doctor and get cleared. Why temp fate?I hope you had a good experience if you went ahead and tried before reading these responses!!
:cathugs:
Unread 07-03-2012, 06:46 AM

My Dr said the only absolute restriction was to wait until my 6 weeks checkup before sex. When you call your Dr, be sure to ask if you can find other creative ways to have fun, or if you have to behave yourself completely.
Unread 07-03-2012, 08:28 AM

Yep, I'll say it. Call your doc. Each one has their own restrictions. What was ok for others doesn't mean its ok for you.

Also, I still, for the life, of me can't understand what the big rush is about having sex. You've had MAJOR surgery, even if you don't feel like it. I just don't get it.

Why would someone even attempt sex after only 10 days just blows my mind. I've seen posts on here. I waited 6 months. Seriously, have any of you watched videos on youtube of these surgeries?

I did. I watched them all before my surgery. I'll be darned if I wanted to do anything to cause myself a setback. TVH, to me, looked the worse. They pull your vajayjay inside out and its hanging outside your body like a penis. Then they shove it back up in there and pull it back up, snug it with a few sutures. Do you really think its a good idea to have sex so soon after having that thing unnaturally turned inside out?

DvH in't quite so harsh on the body but still, there is cutting, cauterizing, suturing, pulling, reattaching, etc.
Unread 07-03-2012, 08:33 AM

my doc said 6 weeks as well so i stuck to that. it is major surgery and there is also the threat of infection. i was climbing the walls within days of my hysto as for some reason my sex drive went through the roof and hasnt stopped since woo hoo!!!!!!

good luck i hope it goes well for you.
Unread 07-03-2012, 09:22 AM

Well...all went well. No pain, no tenderness, just like normal. And everything worked just fine
Unread 07-03-2012, 11:12 AM

fantastic news. theres no stopping you now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register