night sweats-sometimes? 16 weeks post-op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

night sweats-sometimes?  16 weeks post-op night sweats-sometimes? 16 weeks post-op

Unread 06-10-2005, 10:36 AM
night sweats-sometimes? 16 weeks post-op

lbbk;

You can have night sweats with or without ovaries.

WITH OVARIES...(and I think in one of your posts you said you were 40? Right?)...Your body maybe going thru it's normal 'perimenopause'. It can start at about 40 and continue 10-15 years. Then there are menopausal symptom...when your ovaries shut down, at age 45-??? or so I read.

WITHOUT OVARIES...then it is surgical menopause....and I am here to say it is HOT !

Kate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2005, 10:38 AM

Kate, if you get night sweats with or without your ovaries, what causes them?
Unread 06-10-2005, 10:48 AM

I have no idea....I awlways thought it was your estrogen getting less and less....The perimenopausal stage...that is what my Dr. told me. Hormones leaving.

I asked why now I get them as I had my ovaries out. He said because I had no hormones left at all and it should 'clam down' in about 6 months.

He also said that some estrogen is stored in 'fat cells' and will still release into the body for a few months after a hyst. Your pituitary {sp?} gland also releases hormones...I did have mine checked and he said it was ok...

Menopause or Andropause. Menopause in women is the most common cause of night sweats. However, some men also suffer from night sweats during the male menopause, or andropause.
HIV, tuberculosis. In fact, any infectious disease or condition that brings on a fever can cause night sweats.Diabetes can also cause night sweats.Also some perscription drungs,spicey foods....

So??? good question...Maybe someone out there has an answer?

Just found this on the net...

Quote:
"Most women are told that the cause of hot flashes and night sweats is the decline in estrogen production from our ovaries in perimenopause. Happily, that's wrong! (If it were true, we'd have hot flashes for the rest of our lives — because once our estrogen production falls, it doesn't recover. And as you know, hot flashes generally stop sometime after menopause.)Hormonal balance is your body's natural state. But when there are too many demands on your body, its ability to balance your hormones is overwhelmed.
Hot flashes are caused by this hormone imbalance. Not surprisingly, the demands that create that imbalance tend to peak in perimenopause. Taper off at monopause,then stop. Hot flashes and night sweats are one of the main ways your body asks for help.The body produces less estrogen and progesterone during perimenopause and at menopause As a result, the thermostat in our brain, the hypothalamus, gets mixed signals: is it hot or cold? It is as if it cannot decide between these states. This oscillation causes our blood vessels to expand and contract on an irregular and unpredictable basis. With an increased blood flow in the body, a feeling of heat and a flush starts

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register