Seems everyone gets better then has setback | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Seems everyone gets better then has setback Seems everyone gets better then has setback

Unread 03-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Seems everyone gets better then has setback

LAVH from what I've read seems you do better but week 3 or right I'm there you take a few steps back. starting to feel better only 3 pain pills today vs 12 I took day 1-2. And awake more like 9 hours total
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Re: Seems everyone gets better then has setback

I think expectations set in during week 3. I'm still celebrating little things like getting out of bed! Also celebrating stepping pain meds DOWN to Tylenol 2 tomorrow. Tonight I may even get more than 4 hours of sleep.
Unread 03-12-2013, 11:04 PM

I had a set back starting week three but I knw mine was because as soon as I felt better I decided it was ok to resume all housework even though it was made clear to me from my Dr and hystersisters that, that was not the case..I'm sure that's not the reason for everyone but I've made it my mission to make it clear to all that just because you feel better it does not mean put your super woman cape back on Lol I agree with Actlll that expectations set in as well!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2013, 02:19 AM

Talk about set backs....I'm 5 weeks out of my TAH/BSO and tested positive for strep throat!! Feeling great as far as the hyster goes, just need to get rid of this now.
Unread 03-13-2013, 06:31 AM

Oh no. Strep is no fun.
Unread 03-13-2013, 07:55 AM

Set backs are not uncommon. Many of us feel fantastic right after the surgery and think we can get right back to our usual activities. Well, the truth is that 99% of us hit a wall a week or two or three after surgery. I attribute that to the "euphoria" of surviving the surgery. We dread the days leading up to it, we dread going to the castle, we dread the IVs and all the other horrid little things that need to be done, we dread the operating room and then boom, it is all done and we are on the other side. We are ecstatic that usually it wasn't as bad as we expected and emotionally we celebrate that. Then reality sets in. This recovery is long and it is slow so you need to really listen to your body and let it heal. There is a saying around here that we use often: "You only have one chance to heal and this is it!" Please take this time to do this right. Eat well, drink lots of water, take your stool softeners if prescribed, walk as your body will let you (if you get heaviness at the bottom of your tummy, it means time to go horizontal) and rest a lot.

Happy healing!

PS. One more thing. Don't forget to check out our hysterectomy checkpoints so that you know what to expect from week to week. Here is the link.
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:04 AM

I'm terrified of a set back. I am 2 weeks post op and have been feeling better each day
Last week I did have a moment and I had to pop some pills for pain.
Good luck to all. Lets hope for the best
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:10 AM

Yep- two steps forward and one step back is pretty usual.
Try not to let that one step back part get you down, it still adds up to a step forward.
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:17 AM

I am 5 weeks post op today! I have had no set backs (knock wood) stitches are almost gone. I still have pain on left side (cyst removed from ovary) and lower back pain that gives me restless sleep, can't get comfortable. Still get fatigued after running errands. Other then that feel pretty good. Oh! and no more panty liners needed!!!

So hang in there and follow Dr's orders and you should be fine!
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:28 AM

I am 3 weeks and 4 days out and so far, so good! Continuing to walk lots, water, healthy eating and oh, a new kitten on Monday for the emotional side! Haha .....truly though, i think what others said is so true: you start feeling better, try taking on the world, then find yourself a bit achy and tired. Don't stop the pampering too early!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register