Really Bummed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Really Bummed Really Bummed

Unread 05-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Really Bummed

Yesterday my pre op pelvic pains returned. I had this surgery to get rid of chronic pelvic pain. And now it is back. I haven't had them since before my surgery. I think I got nowhere having this surgery done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Re: Really Bummed

I am 3 weeks post op tomorrow and I kept 1 ovary...I am really worried about the pain I had returning too... Especially since I kept one ovary and had lot s of ovarian pain....I am so sorry to hear that your pain returned...
Unread 05-19-2010, 05:16 PM

I'm sorry you're frustrated, worried, and in pain.

Have you talked to yoour doctor? Are you sure the pain you are experiencing isn't from the swelling or a complication of the surgery (like an infection, etc)? 4 weeks is still at the very beginning of the recovery process-it may be too soon to know for sure if the surgery was unsuccessful at eliminating the source of your chronic pain.

If indeed the surgery did not address the true source of your pain, my heart goes out to you. We all pin our hopes on this surgery as a way to get our quality of life back. I hope you figure out the source of your pain as well as a simple solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2010, 07:36 PM

I am almost at 5 weeks now. This pain is different from the surgical ones and it's the same pain I had before the surgery. I go back for my 6 week follow up next week.
Unread 05-19-2010, 11:39 PM

I'm in the same boat. My recovery was damaged by my misguided doctor putting me on a low dose estrogen birth control bills at 5 weeks. I have endo and ovarian cysts. She was supposed to take out the ovary that I've been fighting cysts with for the past year. So now I'm dealing with daily backache pain from the danged ovary, ovulation pain, and now Provera to get my hormones under control again. Two ******* months of unnecessary pain. Yes, I've switched doctors. Ultra sound next week to check the ovaries for cysts and cancer screening. And, insult to injury, bacterial vaginosis treatment starts tonight. Sigh. We were so hoping I'd be over the pre-op pain...post op wasn't this bad. We just have to stay strong, right? I already had my boo hoo session for the day, so now I'm just down right snarky. Hugs to you too.
Unread 05-20-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debmcdoodles View Post
I'm in the same boat. My recovery was damaged by my misguided doctor putting me on a low dose estrogen birth control bills at 5 weeks. I have endo and ovarian cysts. She was supposed to take out the ovary that I've been fighting cysts with for the past year. So now I'm dealing with daily backache pain from the danged ovary, ovulation pain, and now Provera to get my hormones under control again. Two ******* months of unnecessary pain. Yes, I've switched doctors. Ultra sound next week to check the ovaries for cysts and cancer screening. And, insult to injury, bacterial vaginosis treatment starts tonight. Sigh. We were so hoping I'd be over the pre-op pain...post op wasn't this bad. We just have to stay strong, right? I already had my boo hoo session for the day, so now I'm just down right snarky. Hugs to you too.
WOW! You have gone through a lot! I'm soorry you are having to go through all of this. My gyno did my TVH because he didn't know what else to do. They can't figure out what is causing my pain. I thought it was the ovaries. My pain was usually on the lower right side. CT scan showed that I had vericose veins (common from pregnancies) in and around my ovaries and uterus. So I had my left ovarian vein embolized (blocked) and that didn't stop the pain. I have no cancer, no endo, no adhesions, no fibroids. During my surgery my gyno found a small cyst on my ovary, but just drained it. He left both of my ovaries. He tied them together (?). But the distinctive pain has returned. Hope we can all get well soon! Thanks for sharing your story with me!
Unread 05-20-2010, 08:51 AM

Ovarian cysts are mysterious monsters. Some produce no symptoms, while others ... holy cow. Size doesn't seem to matter. My problem ovaries 'looked normal' when the doc was doing the surgery laparoscopically. Ok, the one that hardly ever hurt was attached to the ab wall, but the bad one just looked fine and dandy...with the cyst growing in it. My backache is constant in the lower left area. If I sit for a few minutes then stand, it hurts thru to the front. Is your pain like that? Ok, so the backache is always there, but spikes at times. Does yours get worse during ovulation or is it steady? Not looking forward to my next non-period week. Just like before surgery, I have two weeks that just turn me inside out: ovulation time and then period time. Well, without the uterus and cervix, at least some of that pain has gone away...and no more pads, etc! Something good in all this...no more monthly accidents...woo hoo! I'll post back after my ultra sound Wednesday the 26th.
Unread 05-20-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debmcdoodles View Post
Ovarian cysts are mysterious monsters. Some produce no symptoms, while others ... holy cow. Size doesn't seem to matter. My problem ovaries 'looked normal' when the doc was doing the surgery laparoscopically. Ok, the one that hardly ever hurt was attached to the ab wall, but the bad one just looked fine and dandy...with the cyst growing in it. My backache is constant in the lower left area. If I sit for a few minutes then stand, it hurts thru to the front. Is your pain like that? Ok, so the backache is always there, but spikes at times. Does yours get worse during ovulation or is it steady? Not looking forward to my next non-period week. Just like before surgery, I have two weeks that just turn me inside out: ovulation time and then period time. Well, without the uterus and cervix, at least some of that pain has gone away...and no more pads, etc! Something good in all this...no more monthly accidents...woo hoo! I'll post back after my ultra sound Wednesday the 26th.
My pain never seemed to be at any certain time. I never noticed a cyle. Cycts never showed up on my ultrasound or CT scan. He happened to find it during surgery. Hope all goes well with your ultrasound and you can get an answer for your pain! I don't go back to the doctor until next Thursday. Good luck to you!
Unread 05-26-2010, 08:25 PM

No cancer, but a shrinking cyst. Provera must be working. My thyroid doctor is checking my blood for a vitamin D deficiency. Some of the symptoms are just like so many other things...fatigue, muscle and joint pain, etc. And there's always the possibility that the endo has just rooted in a new spot and I'll just have to live with it unless the Provera puts it to sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register