9 days post daVinci hysterectomy aches and pains | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 days post daVinci hysterectomy aches and pains 9 days post daVinci hysterectomy aches and pains

Unread 05-02-2015, 05:02 PM
9 days post daVinci hysterectomy aches and pains

My surgery was 4/23, so I'm 9 days out. I'm feeling pretty good, except for the past 2 days I'm having pain/heavy feeling in my rectum/pelvic floor. Especially when I pee, but also when resting. I have tried reducing the amount of pain meds (Norco) I'm taking, but had to take more today because of this pain.

I see the dr for post-op this coming Thursday and am scheduled to return to my job on May 11. I'm very nervous about returning to work full-time 2 weeks post-op. My job can be mainly sitting except walking 2-3 blocks to/from my office.

Thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2015, 05:47 PM
Re: 9 days post davinci lavh aches and pains

You can have various aches and pains in recovéry.
It takes a good 6 weeks for initial healing, for most of us.
So you will have various pains as you heal.
It would be good to keep your doctor nformed of the pains you have and maybe get your urine checked for infection, just to rule that out as a possiblity of your pain.
The pains you describe, sound like swelling, ask your doctor if you are able to take some type of anti-inflammatory such as advil, if you aren't all ready.
Take care
Unread 05-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Re: 9 days post daVinci hysterectomy aches and pains

First let me say that 2 weeks seems very soon to be going back to work where you will needed in a sitting position All day. I can't imagine it yet and I am on day 12. I strongly suggest you take the time your body needs to heal. Take all of your questions and write them down for your doctor So you do not forget. no question is too small. Take care and let us know what the doctor says.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2015, 01:08 PM

I had that same pain often at your stage. I still get it from time to time if I do too much. I have to agree with Cajunmoon that it might be too soon to return to work, at least I know I could not have done it, but I'm almost 60 years old. Sitting upright is especially difficult even now. See if your doctor will write you off, or at reduced hours. You don't have to use the doctors excuse, but you'll have it if you need it after trying out a day or two. Best of luck.
Unread 05-03-2015, 02:28 PM

Thanks everyone! I will talk to my doctor about everything and see if maybe I can try part time work to start.
Unread 05-03-2015, 03:13 PM

I had the same surgery on the same day and I am not close to returning to my desk job. My doctor has taken me off initially until May 20. I still have severe pain at times and am fatigued when I exert. Sitting up puts pressure on my incisions and causes pain. I can't imagine sitting up for eight hours now without extreme pain not to mention I don't sleep well and struggle to eat. I love to work but my body is just not ready for that type is stress.
Unread 05-03-2015, 04:36 PM

Hi,

I had the same surgery on 4/22 and was planning to go back on the 11th. I've been feeling considerable pain the past few days and I'm really considering staying out longer. Like the other ladies, I suggest listening to your body. I go in for my 2 week this week and I'll see what the doc says then. If possible, take the time you need to heal. Best wishes.
Unread 05-04-2015, 08:16 AM

Wow, I had the same procedure and was just cleared this morning to go back to work on the 11th as well, but I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow. I too had a lot of aches and pains, the first three weeks for me were a bear. I didn't feel good until last Tuesday.
I would insist on holding off going back to work until you are 6 weeks if you can afford it and your job will remain secure.
This is a major procedure and you on my have one chance to heal the right way otherwise you may set yourself up for discomfort for much longer.
You should be resting and taking it easy for at least the next two weeks from my personal experience.
I hope this helps.
Feel better!!!
Unread 05-04-2015, 07:31 PM

I am 13 days post op and have had the same pains in the lower abdomen. Turns out I had a bladder infection from the catheter. I had to go home with it in for 4 days. The nurse also said that I had a large amount of adhesion's removed from the bladder from the endo so my bladder would not be happy at all.
I have been feeling better since all the antibiotics but I too am due to go back to work part time on Thursday the 7th. I am nervous but I will listen to my body and if I get too tired or achey, I will go home. I wish you well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register