Jaccuzi? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Jaccuzi?

When is it safe to take a bath and get in the jaccuzi?
My husband and I want to go to a resort but It doesn't sound fun if I can't even enjoy the jaccuzi!
Unfortunately my doctor is in India on vacation... Urrgghh! Anyhow, were you told anything about this? Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Jaccuzi?

Hi Jan,

I wasn't allowed to take a bath or get in our jaccuzi for 6 weeks as per my doctor's instructions. Doctor's instructions do vary and I urge you to ask your doctor or nurse. Maybe his nurse will have some guidance for you.

Let us know what you find out!

s, Deb
Unread 01-25-2006, 05:31 AM
Jaccuzi?

I was not able to bathe for 8 weeks due to granulation. I would say it's to early seeing as the inside takes long to heal. But, call his nurse and ask to make sure. It sure would be nice but the odds are against ya.
Hope you get the okay !
SNSHINE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2006, 06:29 AM
Jaccuzi?

Here in the UK, my written leaflet from the hospital advised that patients who undergo hysterectomies can have baths almost immediately and this is similar to the advice given by most hospitals over here. I've been really surprised at the differences in care between the US and UK after all we do share the same anatomy and you would perhaps think that advice for recovery would not be poles apart. Personally, I did not feel comfortable getting in and out of the bath for the first two weeks, so showered but after that I resumed my habit of daily baths with no ill-effects. I do agree though that you should contact your GP for advice.
Unread 01-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Jaccuzi?

I was told by my gyn/surgeon at 4 wks okay for bath and hottub since abdominal insision was healed well and vaginal cuff looked good. Your DR should have someone covering while away so call the office and ask who you can talk to.
Unread 01-25-2006, 01:09 PM
Jaccuzi?

I too was allowed to get in the hot tub at 4 weeks. I've heard other women say that once your abdominal incision was healed you were pretty safe to take a bath since your vagina is water tight. Just to be on the safe side, call and ask your Dr. Remember, no question is stupid when it concerns your health.
Unread 01-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Jaccuzi?

Bacteria can still cause problems I would think, that is why doctors say no hot tubs. That is why some people get yeast infections from being in a hot tub also. I still have stitches in my vaginal cuff that need to heal, so no intercourse, no hot tubs. Don't want any rogue bacterias to mess me up.
Unread 01-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Jaccuzi?

I was also told that nothing vaginally (douche, bathwather, hot tubs, etc.) for at least 6 weeks. My GYN will provide further instructions following my 6 week check up. I would be scared to get into a hot tub before that time due to bacteria in the water (I have read some pretty scary articles about the germs in water in public hot tubs...even for those without having surgery!)
Unread 01-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Jaccuzi?

I was allowed a bath at the 4 week mark...but hot tubs were still NOT allowed...I still havent gone in mine...But am sure it would be ok now
Unread 01-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Maybe watertight while sitting, but what happens when you get up, still submerged?

....suction, that's what!

Am sorry, but I cannot believe that there is proof out there that ALL women have water-tight vaginas. Perhaps somebody discovered that most women share that in common, but I wouldn't wish to be discovering that I'm an exception.....the hard way. Just like most women can assume their vaginal cuffs will be healed in 4 weeks, a lot aren't found to be done until 6, and a few more aren't even done then.

I truly believe that you deserve the healthiest recovery possible. Even if remote, I just don't think it's worth the risk.

At any rate, remember to pamper the Princess.....you so deserve it..........s.....Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register