Pain on lower right side! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain on lower right side! Pain on lower right side!

Unread 05-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Pain on lower right side!

Got the "all clear" from the doctor yesterday. I tried to explain to her that i was still having "aches and pains"...but honestly she didn't really listen. Told me "oh that is normal it will take awhile to heal".

I have had this weird pain on my lower right side for some time. It comes on and off. It feels like i have cramps, which is next to impossible since i have no uterus, cervix or ovaries. The pain feels like it goes through me to my lower back. I am telling you, if i didn't know any different i would think i was having cramps and getting ready to start my period!!

Anyone else have this!??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Re: Pain on lower right side!

Daisy, girl I have this too.
I'm still having aches and pains and I'm in week 4. I actually just got back after being admitted to the castle for a few days. I have a deep pelvis hematoma/ seroma or abscess (they're not sure what, but treating me as it is an infection w/ antibiotics). It's too deep and small for them to drain, but boy is it painful.

I've been thinking about you...wondering how things were going for you. Have you had an ultrasound to rule out a hematoma? My pain is on my left side and that's where the pelvic fluid is.

Having a hard time staying positive these days. Boy this is sure a learning experience for me. Can't wait to look back on it pain free.
Unread 05-26-2010, 04:15 PM

Hi Daisyforest,

So happy to hear that you got the go-ahead from your doctor! Not so great to hear that you're having some issues.

My post-op appointment is a week tomorrow and I still have back pain virtually every day. I get some slight cramping and nausea when I've done too much - this is how I know I've done too much and I force myself to take a break. Working within these limits can be so frustrating!!

Do you notice that the pain is worse after physical exertion of any kind? Do you have any other symptoms? Your appendix is in the location you're descibing....just a thought.

Hoping you get it figured out or that it's just a temporary healing thing!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2010, 04:44 PM

Hi Daisyforest,
I had my hysterectomy back in March and I still have right side pain. I chalk it up to adhesions and the overall healing process.
Please be sure that you are not lifting anything over 25lbs. A friend of mine lifted too early and developed a cyst.

-ladyhawke~
Unread 05-27-2010, 03:40 AM

Hi Daisyforest,

I have right side groin pain, it started at about 3 weeks post op see my post 'Groin pain - how common?'

My pain is below my appendix scar (had them out when I was 11 and never had any probs in that area before)

Its not an aching pain is a burning/searing pain

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register