labial tears? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

labial tears? labial tears?

Unread 07-21-2010, 08:17 PM
labial tears?

Hi, I am new to the list , 49 years old, 6 days post vaginal-hyst surgery. (sorry, I forgot the abbreviation) and just took myself off the pain meds.

They were wreaking havoc on my stomach, gave me bad dreams and weren't helping much with the abdominal gas pains anyway. Doing OK and trying to take everyone's advice and stay down and quiet during this 2-week recovery. Thanks for all the great info on this site.

I noticed some soreness around my labial area and got out a mirror and noticed stitches holding together a tear. I wasn't aware they would need to do an episiotomy and my doctor isn't available today to ask. Would this have been intentional, caused by the instruments stretching the area, or an accidental scalpel cut??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Re: labial tears?

It was probably non-intentional from the stretching, but it could have been accidental. It also could have been intentional trying to make extra room to take something out. I wouldn't think it's something that requires immediate attention, but you should definitely ask when you go for your post op appointment.
Unread 07-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Re: labial tears?

It's most likely from the stretching. IF you're brave enough, google Vaginal Hyster on You Tube. WARNING...it IS graphic and can can be very disturbing, unless you're curious....like me! LOL!
I'm just very glad I was OUT for the surgery!

I had burning, similar to an episiotomy, once they took out the catheter. I even asked the nurse if I had stitches on the outside! If it's very bad, use an ice pack, and/or petroleum jelly on the outside!

Mine is finally healing, but it was annoying!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register