Stitches | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:49 PM
Stitches

my surgery was on the 7th of january... how long are our incision stitches supposed to last?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Re: Stitches

It really depends on the dr and what type of sutures s/he used on you as to how long they last. Tats both internal and external sutures. Sone drs will even use sutures that purposely last for 3 mis. You can always call your dr's office and check with the nurse.
Unread 01-19-2013, 08:58 PM

okay thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2013, 12:09 AM

Part of mine dissolved around 5-6 weeks. Doc pulled 2 out on Friday. I was 6 weeks on Sat. Outside stitches came out about 2 weeks.
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer777 View Post
Part of mine dissolved around 5-6 weeks. Doc pulled 2 out on Friday. I was 6 weeks on Sat. Outside stitches came out about 2 weeks.
i was on morphine...but i think i remember them saying my stitches were dissolvable .. but honestly it looks like white twine on my stomach.. i thought dissolvable stitches were black or a dark color.... thank you sister! your really giving me a round about time to look forward to! i appreciate it!
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:24 AM

my belly button incision has no external stitches and the glue they used has fallen off. The incision is not closed! It's not weeping but is clearly not closed while my other 2 are completely healed.
Unread 01-20-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflie0027 View Post
i was on morphine...but i think i remember them saying my stitches were dissolvable .. but honestly it looks like white twine on my stomach.. i thought solvable stitches were black or a dark color.... thank you sister! your really giving me a round about time to look forward to! i appreciate it!
Stitches can be any color. It just depends on what the doc uses.
Unread 01-20-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes19 View Post
my belly button incision has no external stitches and the glue they used has fallen off. The incision is not closed! It's not weeping but is clearly not closed while my other 2 are completely healed.
wow you should be seeing your doctor! that sounds horrible! you had your surgery on the 7th like me? wow.. im no where near my stitches falling out! i hope you get your bellybutton looked at soon! let me know what they say okay?
Unread 01-20-2013, 08:35 PM

thank you blue! i have an appt. on the 24th .. ill ask the doc what kind mine are.
Unread 01-20-2013, 09:38 PM

I'm not sure if my doctor will be in tomorrow since it's MLK day. Otherwise I have my post op on Wednesday. I have had an incision open up before, so for now I am just being extra careful. Hoping the butterfly bandaid helps keep everything where it should be
Butterflie, how are you feeling? This is my 3rd laproscopic and it seems like this time, healing is taking longer...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register