Day 4 after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Day 4 after hysterectomy Day 4 after hysterectomy

Unread 07-29-2014, 05:32 AM
Day 4 after hysterectomy

Hi ladies! Today is day 4 and I woke up feeling better. Last night had horrible pain especially in my right side but went to bed & finally slept well (better than before I guess!!) I still have a weird twinge in my right side just under my ribs that hurts unless I stretch out kinda. Anyone else have that? Yesterday I walked around my yard twice& today I'm gonna go for longer. My hubby is goin stir crazy I think he feels a bit helpless & I don't know how to make him understand just bein here is enough for me!! Well this is getting long so I'll sign off. Hope u all feel better each day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2014, 06:23 AM
Re: Day 4

I had mine the same day as u and last night I had the worst lower back and belly pain since I came out of surgery,
Unread 07-29-2014, 01:06 PM
Re: Day 4 after hysterectomy

I get twinges that require me to change position too . They come and go and are often in different places. Some guys aren't real on board with the emotional side of a hysterectomy.

The low back pain could be from the way you were positioned during surgery or from lying around recovering. My back eased up after 4-5 days post op
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2014, 02:21 PM

I feel a little better today had my first bm so I feel relieved lol. Switched to just ibuprofen seems to have done the trick
Unread 07-29-2014, 03:02 PM

I had mine done the same day too. I am having sharp poking/pinching pain in my right side every once and a while. I had my overies removed so it's like a phantom overy pain but more likely a nerve ending,at least that's what the nurse told me, she said its common. I have back pain when I walk as well but think it is from overcompensating and using back muscles and not my stomach muscles. I have a 5 inch incision and a small one inch incision. Walking is still a challenge but I am getting more and more in each day. Trying to stay positive. I wish you all a speedy recovery. It is good to see others on this same journey and I am taking it slowly and one day at a time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register