Is no news Good news? Living will???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is no news Good news? Living will???? Is no news Good news? Living will????

Unread 03-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Is no news Good news? Living will????

Hello again. ......The day is getting closer and closer and I cant stop thinking about it every second of the day. So many things are running through my mind like is it okay that I have not heard anything from the insurance company. Not yes or no, the doctors office said they did not receive a rejection so its a go but Im still so worried!!! Does anyone else have Golden Rule insurance and did they have any problems??? Also at the hospital for my pre-op I was asked if the had a living will and I don't is this a good idea to have one??? Well, thanks for any help you can give me I will be here all week getting ready for March 22nd!!!

Thanks again Jen

27 years old TVH due to bleeding and overactive cervix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2006, 06:53 PM

It is a good idea to have a living will no matter what! Remember that poor woman in Florida? A living will should save your family from making tough decisions for you if you are unable to.

The hospital should have a form that you can use for your visit this time, but put the living will on your list of things to do soon.

As for your insurance, call them to check your surgery status. I wouldn't take no answer from them as a 'yes'. Of course the doc doesn't care too much, he'll bill you if they don't pay. At first, my insurance didn't approve my surgery, but my doctor contacted them again and then it was approved.

Good Luck!
Unread 03-13-2006, 08:11 PM

Personally I chose to have a Durable Power of Attorney over healthcare. That is the form that names who you want to make medical decisions for you in the event that you are unable to. My husband (whom I named as my proxy) and I talked extensively about my wishes. I have confidence that he would follow my wishes and do what he felt was best in the situation. He would also be able to ask questions of the doctors and make informed decisions based on the answers.
I would certainly call the insurance company myself to make sure everything is covered. No only the surgery, but also the surgeon and the hospitalization. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2006, 10:54 AM

I would definitely call your insurance company just to be sure everything is a 'go'. It's better than getting a huge surprise bill afterwards....you don't need to be worrying about anything but getting better afterwards.
I also am updating my Living Will and going over things with my hubby.
Lucibelle ~ good idea about the Durable Power of Attorney....think I'll use that too.
Last will I had, I just handwrote and it included everything I could possibly think of....personal belongings, property and what I wanted done healthwise and then I just had it notorized and each family member got a copy. Also, had a copy placed in my medical file. It's not morbid or jinxing or whatever some might say....it's a smart thing to think ahead and this way you know in case of an emergency your wishes will be honored. Everyone should have one whether or not they are facing surgery or not.
Good luck! You will be fine.
Unread 03-14-2006, 10:58 AM

I got a an email stating my insurance finally approved, after going through two levels of appeals. I called them yesterday just to be sure- not feeling confident about my insurance after the issues we have had and found out they had the WRONG DATE. I had to call Dr. Office and have them call to correct the date. I'm glad I called, or my surgery would not have been covered.

I would suggest you call, and make them tell you one way or another, don't let them shift you from person to person.

T.
Unread 03-14-2006, 11:08 AM

Personally, I prefer the Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare over the Living Will. You can still state certain things you want to have done or not have done as well as talk with the person you name. This provides for those "gray" areas that come up.

As far as your insurance, check with them. Even if someone else here has the same insurance company, their policy may be different.

s as you prepare for surgery.
Jane
Unread 03-14-2006, 10:09 PM

Thank you everyone!!!! I did call insurance and they said it will be covered as long as its not elective and it is being done for medical reasons. So all is okay on that end!!!!! And thank you for the advice on the power of attorney I have a paper on that and I will be reading it over.
Thanks again and talk to you all soon!!
Jen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register