Scheduled TAH Excited and Nervous! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Excited and Nervous! Excited and Nervous!

Unread 03-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Excited and Nervous!

My TAH ( with possible BSO ) is scheduled for March 23rd. I go Thursday ( 10th ) for all the pre-op stuff. Looks like I'll have the joy ( insert sarcasm here.. lol ) of a Fleet enema as well.
I'm excited, and happy, had my last period a week ago! No more pain! YAY!
Nervous about surgery and the post-op pain and whatnot. And I know I'll most likely have a panic attack right before surgery.
Worried they'll find that the Complex hyperplasia w/atypia, has progressed into something more.
But I know, that I can do this, that I will make it through, and I'll be just fine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Re: Excited and Nervous!

I had a LAVH on 2/16. Surgery went great, I'm feeling pretty good now, I still get pretty tired though. You can do this and just think you won't have to deal with the pain anymore My post op pain was managed with Percocet and advil. Just make sure to take it easy and let other people take care of you. Don't overdue it after surgery. My mom stayed with me for 2 weeks, she was such a blessing. I keep reading you only have one chance to heal right - that is so true. It is hard for us women to just relax, but you really need too. Pick out some good books, movies and maybe some games to play while in bed or resting on the couch. I had lot's of shows saved on my DVR and that really helped with the boredom.
Take care and good luck to you!
Unread 03-09-2011, 12:56 PM

Hi Mizunicorn

You have come to the right place. I had my TAH with bladder sling repair on Feburary 3rd.

You will be amazed how well they help keep your pain managed, so don't stress about that. I woke up relatively pain free and never experienced any pain that I would consider unberable or even close to that. My incision was vertical and about 10 inches long. I was up walking just hours after my surgery and by the second day, hardly needed pain medicine.

You will be tired for the first two weeks, but will begin to feel something like yourself around that time. I returned to work at two weeks 6 1/2 hours a day and have been full time since 3 weeks post. I am not typical however, so don't push yourself.

You will be amazed at how good you feel when it is all done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2011, 01:16 PM

Thanks for the words of wisdom ladies!
I am very fortunate to have a very supportive and loving husband, and terrific kids. We've all already sat and talked, so they know what to expect, and what they can do to help out. Hubby plans on taking some time off to pamper me.
Of course now the waiting is getting to me, too much time to think. On the upside, I don't have as long of a wait time as others do.
I am very happy that the period I just had will be my last, and all the horrible pain/heavy bleeding/large clots won't be coming back!
For now, my biggest kick in the rump is the cancer worries, and dealing with that. Silly in a way to worry about something that I don't even know is a reality yet.
I'm hoping to keep my ovaries. But if not, what are some of the common HRT's? Anyone done the herbal variety, and had success? I'm not as worried about the "instant" menopause if my ovaries do have to go, I've been dealing with hot flashes/night sweats, and various other symptoms for about 3 years now. ( Of course HRT, for me, will depend on the pathology results after the TAH )
Ironic to think, that a week ago, I was in Vegas with hubby ( he had a conference ) and I had firmly decided if the biopsy came back ok, ( which I thought would!) I would go for the lesser invasive cryo-ablation. The week before that, I was worried about ultrasound results, and even had a panic attack, and they came back fine. So I thought for sure the biopsy would too. Oh my, and the panic attack I had the day of the biopsy procedure... ewww! Again, ah the irony! Looking back it all seems incredible, so quick! In some ways, perhaps, that's a good thing, not as much time to dwell on it all!
LOL I need to hush now, I am just typing away, enough of the mini novel before I bore ya'll! LOL
Stephanie
Unread 03-09-2011, 04:58 PM

I'm having my TAH/BSO tomorrow and am strangley calm!
Hope you pre-op visits goes well.
Just realize that the anticipation is always hard. 3/23 will be here before you know it...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register