TLH Day after my surgery... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Day after my surgery... Day after my surgery...

Unread 06-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Day after my surgery...

Well I had my surgery yesterday and it went very well. I was nauseous most of the day and the meds they gave for the nausea didn't do much. I actually felt better after I finally vomited. I slept most of the day from the anesthesia and pain killers. I'm feeling pretty good today; they took the catheter out this morning, I hated that thing, and I've been able to go to the bathroom on my own and I've finally been able to eat solid food and keep it down. My doctor says that I can go home tonight and it will be great to sleep in my own bed. You can't get any real sleep in the hospital, people are in and out and poking you constantly. My husband who is my rock has been by my side and the outpouring of love and support from my coworkers and friends has been amazing. My advice is to surround yourself with friends and family it truly makes a difference. I've been weepy off and on today for no apparent reason but the docs say that this is normal. I had a laproscopic total hysterectomy so I think I have more stitches inside then I do on the outside. A friend brought me a little hand held fan which is blowing on me now-- I've already started feeling too warm. I'm not sure if it's hot flashes or what. The pathologist looked inside of my uterus and didn't see any lesions-- thank God but I should have the lab results in a week. It looks like no cancer-- the bad cells were contained inside of the polyps-- hallelujah. Well I'll post more on day 3 of my recovery tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who sent me messages of support it truly helped. Hyster sisters is a wonderful forum to guide a woman through this tough serious surgery. God bless you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register