week 5 post op still feeling drained | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

week 5 post op still feeling drained week 5 post op still feeling drained

Unread 11-26-2010, 09:25 PM
week 5 post op still feeling drained

I am post op 5 weeks and still feel soooo tired when i am active. I am supposed to go back to work 1 week from monday and i dont think i am ready.I feel like pain when i need to urinate and my bladder kind of pulls i cant hardley explain it but just weird. when i go to the grocery store i have to take a nap, is this normal? any help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Re: week 5 post op still feeling drained

yes it is normal for some people, we all heal in different ways and in different time frames, you need to listen to your body, if you don't feel up to going back to work than you need to talk to someone about it

i am almost 6 weeks post op and i would not be ready to go back to work if i had to
Unread 11-27-2010, 08:40 PM

Hi,

Everyone does heal differently as Laurieinwa said. I had an LSH and I took much longer than most to heal.

I would call the doc and ask about the bladder issue just to be sure that it is normal.

Hope you get your strength back soon!

Lizzy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2010, 06:10 PM

I think this is completely normal, we all heal at different rates. I'm at 5-1/2 weeks and am due to go back to work in a daycare at 6 weeks. I'm not sure if I can do it, as I still feel exhausted all the time!

So, take care of yourself & listen to your body. It seems like a long time since surgery, but it really isn't that long.
Unread 11-28-2010, 07:44 PM

thanks everyone for the support, i am seeing my dr. friday....
Unread 11-28-2010, 08:29 PM

Ladies, you have me feeling so much better. Tomorrow is five weeks for me. I am supposed to back to work next week and there is just no way. I ere my doctor the morning of the 6th and he said I may only be able to go back part time if that.

This site is a Godsend.
Unread 11-28-2010, 09:21 PM

I'll be 5 weeks post op tomorrow and I feel the same way but the funny part is I've felt somewhat great until today. I've had the tiredness since surgery but today I've felt like I hit a brickwall and have had more pain in my lower abdomen around my incision. I was told by several people that it wouldn't suprise them if my leave from work was extended to 8 weeks.

Oh and I also experienced the pulling sensation when I urinated but it finally eased up about 2 weeks ago. My doctor told me it was from where she had to sit my bladder down on my cervix, which was all that was left after my hysterectomy, and that once the bladder attached itself then that sensation would go away and it has. The biggest probably I have now is having to go ALL the time it feels like. My bladder doesn't seem to empty which is extremely frustrating.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register