found a breast lump days after LSO: updated - complex cyst | In Search of Info/Support for ..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > In Search of Info/Support for .....

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

found a breast lump days after LSO: updated - complex cyst found a breast lump days after LSO: updated - complex cyst

Unread 04-15-2017, 01:32 PM
found a breast lump days after LSO: updated - complex cyst

I had a laparoscopic surgery last week to remove L ovary with complex cyst and L hydrosalpinx tube. Still waiting on pathology and worried of course it may come back abnormal.

A few days after my surgery, I noticed a hard lump at 1:00 above my areola. It is not too deep, is tiny about size of a pea but hard, round, smooth. I don't think it moves, but it's hard to tell as when I push it seems to disappear and I can only feel it when I stand up not laying down. It's very tender in that area after poking and prodding around now, so I'm trying not to touch the area. No nipple discharge, dimpling or anything. Just happen to feel it, so had no idea how long it's been there.

I have a mammogram and u/s booked in a few weeks, but I am worried now on top of worrying about pathology from my ovary. I feel like it's hard to keep positive.

I am 46 and my cycles have been out of whack since having the ovarian cysts.

Has anyone had small lump on breast ? I read 80% are benign, but still scared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2017, 09:37 PM
Re: found a breast lump days after surgery

I have on in my left breast that shows on mammo but I can't find it. It has not changed in 7 years. The best thing would be to call your doctor or if you can do it yourself, call the lab where the mammo is going to be done and tell them. Maybe they can get you in sooner.

I know it is hard to do but in the meantime try to relax and just keep an eye on it. Hopefully it will disappear as quickly as it came which they have been known to do.
Unread 04-17-2017, 10:37 AM

Thank you.. I am on a cancellation list so hopefully can get in earlier. My lump is super small, like less than my finger tip across... I also now feel another small one next to it so maybe it's a duct or something.

It's hard not to worry when you feel a lump.. I have been going through cancer anxiety since having the complex ovarian cysts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2017, 12:07 AM

Hi,

I had an u/s today and looks like my lump is a cyst. I also had quite a few other ones on each breast. I guess I am a very 'cystic' person as I had my ovary removed 2.5 weeks ago due to cysts.

I guess these are common, but I can't help but wonder if they can be anything to worry about or turn complex or something.

Anyone else have breast cysts? Do they need to be watched more closely?
Unread 06-05-2017, 09:16 PM
anyone have a complex breast cyst

Hi,

I had a mam and u/s in May. I have a few simple cysts and one 3.7mm "subtle"complex cyst. Was given biraids 3 score told to come back in 6 months to make sure the complex cyst hasn't changed.

My Dr isn't worried and said the chances of the complex cyst being malignant are less than 2%. The radiologist who did the mamm and u/s is at a breast clinic and they are very experienced at reading images (according to my Dr). I was told it is also so tiny (3.7mm) so size of a pin head and probably couldn't even be biopsied.

I am trying not to worry, but the report said "likely benign" cyst. I rather know it's DEFINITELY benign.

Anyone had a complex breast cyst? I recently had an ovary removed due to a complex ovarian cyst and it was very scary, until it was removed and pathology said it was benign.
Unread 07-05-2017, 07:26 PM
Smile - found a breast lump days after LSO: updated - complex cyst Re: anyone have a complex breast cyst

Hi, Sorry you are having to deal with this. I have had my breast monitored for a "possible calcification"…and I Hate the word; "possible".

I go every 6 months for this. August will make another time and I think I have been going for a year and a half now.

I may opt to have this removed. It's a small cluster right behind my nipple and in between my saline breast implant. Oh lovely! Why there?

Keep me posted with what you do? Have you seen another doctor? I see a surgeon every time I have the mammogram. Do you see a surgeon to review your images?

Please keep me posted.

Judith
Unread 07-05-2017, 11:21 PM
Re: anyone have a complex breast cyst

Prayers that everything goes well!
Unread 07-24-2017, 12:37 PM
Re: anyone have a complex breast cyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judit View Post
Hi, Sorry you are having to deal with this. I have had my breast monitored for a "possible calcification"…and I Hate the word; "possible".

I go every 6 months for this. August will make another time and I think I have been going for a year and a half now.

I may opt to have this removed. It's a small cluster right behind my nipple and in between my saline breast implant. Oh lovely! Why there?

Keep me posted with what you do? Have you seen another doctor? I see a surgeon every time I have the mammogram. Do you see a surgeon to review your images?

Please keep me posted.

Judith
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Do you know your birads score? I don't like being in limbo, but my dr is very reassuring.. I don't see a surgeon, the breast clinic i went to has radiologist who are very good at reading the images (according to my Dr) so she didn't think seeing a surgeon was necessary at all. I am now waiting to repeat my mam in Oct and hopefully its ok. If not, i will push to see a surgeon. I guess it's too small to even biopsy. I just had a complex ovarian cyst removed in april so i am very anxious after that scary ordeal. Trying to stay positive and hopeful, but it's always in the back of my mind. I also feel pain around my breast where to armpit breast meet just one one side (not same side as the complex cyst) i think it's a lymph node. Does anyone know can they see anything on a mam on your outer breast near arm if there was something there?

Thanks!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register