estrogen levels dropping/ base issue | No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

estrogen levels dropping/ base issue estrogen levels dropping/ base issue

Unread 06-19-2017, 10:22 AM
estrogen levels dropping/ base issue

Didn't know exactly how to phrase my title. I do well with my estrogen compound in a aloe base. I was getting mine from a certain pharmacy but it's out of state so I pay shipping. My dr suggested a local pharmacy that he uses but they had never used aloe. They called my other pharmacy to see what they use and they said they could make the same base. OK then..... Got my prescription and noticed that after several days it was separating in the syringes. I would get some watery parts along with solid parts. A few days ago I started to get hot flashes. A HUGE symptom for me that my E is dropping.
I still had some from the other pharmacy (the out of state one). It's in a pump. So I used that this morning and it's not the same consistency as the separated one. It's all uniform. I wonder if that is making a difference??
It even feels different on my skin. More "sticky". The other one felt like water.
I called the local pharmacy (the watery one) and they said it was fine. Hmm..... me don't think so.
I don't think they got the base right and now it's separating. They said they usually only use lipoderm or versabase bases.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2017, 04:47 PM
Re: estrogen levels dropping/base issue

If you have a pharmacy that is working for you, it's worth the shipping cost. The pharmacy I was using used to charge shipping, but about a year ago they now ship free. Even if it wasn't free, I would continue to use them as the product works for me.
Unread 06-23-2017, 12:27 PM

I have a curious, probably dumb, question.

What is the estrogen in these? If its transdermal, does that mean the estrogen itself is a liquid or some type of spreadable form?

If it is, why does it need a base at all? Could they just give you the estrogen in its pure form and say put on XX amt?

Just wondering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
I have a curious, probably dumb, question.

What is the estrogen in these? If its transdermal, does that mean the estrogen itself is a liquid or some type of spreadable form?

If it is, why does it need a base at all? Could they just give you the estrogen in its pure form and say put on XX amt?

Just wondering.
Transdermal estrogen, other than a patch, always comes in a base. I have never heard of applying pure estrogen..... Even a patch though has something for the estrogen to adhere to.
Unread 06-23-2017, 04:59 PM

It needs to be in some sort of base. Lotion, gel etc...
I'm just sticking with the out of state pharmacy. This new pharmacy (local one) just does not know how to do a proper aloe base for my estrogen compound.
that was a wasted 50.00!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register