i need an advice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

i need an advice i need an advice

Unread 07-17-2007, 09:56 AM
i need an advice

hi everyone Im new here and I need some advice.I got hyst.may25,and got first checkup and Iwas told to make an appointment for my gyn/onc innext 6 weeks.Its going to be next week but I called a doctor today to make an appointment and the nurse told me he is out of the town and he"ll be able to see me inaugust2, but the problem is I'm going to europe for three weeks and the nurse told me to go to my regular gyn and I really dont know what to do .I really dont want to go without my first checkup and my question is does someone had first internal checkup with regular gynecologist?Please help me.I have endometrial cancer stage1 grade1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2007, 10:56 AM
i need an advice

Hi Manta,

I just want to sympathize with how you must feel not having things resolved with a big trip looming ahead of you. I have to move to China in four weeks (at my near 7-week post op date) and this alone in making me crazy. I know how panicky it can make you feel!

I would ask your regular gyn how he or she feels about you having your first check up with them. I bet it would be fine, especially since you need clearance to fly from someone and that is really more about the actual surgery and how you are recovering, which a regular gyn should be able to do.

Good luck with your trip!

Kim
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:34 AM
i need an advice

Can I assume that the appointment with the gyn/onc is to discuss a follow-up plan and if you require further treatment or not?

Even though you're a low stage and grade, it's still important to be followed by a gyn/onc since they know what to look for during future check-ups. If you're scheduled to go out of the country, though, before he can see you, then I think it would be a good idea to be seen by your regular gyn to make sure you're healing properly and it's ok for you to go. I had my 2 and 6 week follow-ups done by my regular gyn since he was my surgeon, but have been seeing the gyn/onc since. If there's no way you can get in to see the gyn/onc before you leave, definitely have an appointment scheduled for as soon as you get back.

Have a great time in Europe and don't overdo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2007, 11:53 AM
i need an advice

Thanks for your advice Iam going to see my regular gyn on saturday ,after surgery was no need to do further treatment/ the point is my regular gyn assisted my onc . by my surgery and i hope she is going to do my internal exam and I already made my appointment with my onc .when I will come back.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register