two days post endo biopsy and waiting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

two days post endo biopsy and waiting two days post endo biopsy and waiting

Unread 01-20-2012, 04:38 PM
two days post endo biopsy and waiting

I was on a post awhile ago talking with some other board members about our EB's. I had mine two days ago and now am waiting for the results.

First things first: It did hurt. I'm not gonna lie. It stung pretty badly.
Second: It was quick
Third: I cramped most of the day but it was tolerable but now it is okay.

It is a lot scarier sounding than in reality. Now I sit and wait for the results and my surgical consult on the 27th when I find out what type of surgery I am having and when. If you are slated to have an EB, trust me, it's a lot worse sounding than it is for most people. Yes, there are those horror stories but imo, if you are on this site looking/talking/discussing a hysterectomy, then you are probably very familiar with pain already. It ranks up there in the suckish factor, but it wasn't so bad that I thought I was dying or anything. If I were to do it again, I'd still go without the novacain because I think a numbing shot would hurt a lot worse than the actual procedure. I have had a colposcopy (sp) before and that was a lot worse than this. So yeah.. keep your chins up if you are waiting for this procedure. Have a hand to hold, but try not to freak yourself out either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Re: two days post endo biopsy and waiting

Good luck to you. It is tough waiting to find out what happens next.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 01-20-2012, 07:50 PM

Hi Aviano!

My EB was almost identical to how you described yours. The only thing I wish I had done differently was maybe take more Advil beforehand. One just didn't quite cover it.

Good luck! The waiting is tough (having just been there myself).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2012, 06:53 AM

I took two advil and my ultram beforehand. Had the procedure, came home and slept half the day. My bits were "tender" but by day two I was feeling almost back to normal.
Unread 01-21-2012, 11:12 AM
two days post endo biopsy and waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviano0824 View Post
I took two advil and my ultram beforehand. Had the procedure, came home and slept half the day. My bits were "tender" but by day two I was feeling almost back to normal.
Sorry you had pain and cramping with your EB got my normal results a few days ago...hope you have the same. The waiting is the worst isn't it?
Unread 01-21-2012, 01:00 PM

Oh! I am so glad yours came back normal! Everyone so far who was on that thread has had normal results so I am pretty sure I will follow suit.
Unread 01-21-2012, 06:16 PM

I'm having a D&C, hysteroscopy on Tuesday. He offered to do a biopsy in the office when I first saw him, but the experiences I had heard about made me INSIST that I be knocked out. I don't have a lot of pain regularly. So, I don't have a high tolerance for it. I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm a big ole baby when it comes to pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register