Scheduled TAH Suggested Activities for Us Waiting for Our Hysterectomy - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Suggested Activities for Us Waiting for Our Hysterectomy Suggested Activities for Us Waiting for Our Hysterectomy

Unread 01-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Suggested Activities for Us Waiting for Our Hysterectomy

This might sound nuts, but my pre surgery destresser was princess movies. I watched a ton of them and decided I was becoming a temporary princess instead of invalid

I also loved fixing up my room into a "sanctuary." Comfy chairs, candles, and general declutteredness made it much nicer when friends came to visit after.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Re: Suggested Activities for Us Waiting for Our Hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenchristine View Post
This might sound nuts, but my pre surgery destresser was princess movies. I watched a ton of them and decided I was becoming a temporary princess instead of invalid...
Watch "Frozen" and sing "Let It Go" to your uterus and all the problems it's causing you. *grin*
Unread 01-21-2015, 05:27 PM
Suggested Activities for Us Waiting for Our Hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurprisedInNB View Post
Watch "Frozen" and sing "Let It Go" to your uterus and all the problems it's causing you. *grin*

Haha!!! That's exactly the right idea!
Unread 01-21-2015, 05:56 PM

I had my total hysterectomy in April 2014. My biggest suggestion is exercise exercise exercise!!! I had joined a gym in February 2014 when I knew my surgery date I upped my exercise because I know if you are in better shape before surgery it does make recovery easier. Even if you just start walking 15 or 30 minutes a day it's better than nothing. My recovery was easy only had a few gas pains after surgery no pain otherwise. No pain medication in used in the hospital and used one pain pill at home because of the gas pain. I went into surgery at a pain level 10 and came out at 0! I have been going strong ever since. I thank God I found terrific doctors in 2014! Also had "date" nights with several different groups of friends to celebrate my upcoming surgery and also a very special date night with my husband to show him how special he is before he was tasked with being a caregiver for a several of weeks. Hope this helps you ladies before your surgery! I bless you with fast recovery and a happy ever after surgery!
Unread 01-21-2015, 07:22 PM

I exercised a lot knowing I wouldn't be able to do much of that for awhile.
Unread 01-21-2015, 09:00 PM

I have been playing games on my tablet, reading lots of interesting books, sewing, and I also have been playing board games. Let's just say, I have started to like playing "candy land", "pretty pretty princess", and "the grape escape" with my niece lately.

I have also been just wheeling around town when its nice outside and trying to just clear my mind of what is coming up.

I recently read all 5 books in "The Face on the Milk Carton" series, and man, they were really good! You might want to get a book series, even if its young adult or teenager ones, and just read them. Reading these books took my mind off of my surgery a lot, because I was too caught up in what was going to happen next to Janie, rather than what was going to happen during and after surgery.

Jessie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register