Comfortable positions in bed? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Comfortable positions in bed? Comfortable positions in bed?

Unread 05-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Comfortable positions in bed?

Has anyone discovered some comfortable positions in bed?
I've tried pillows propped up in all kinds of ways and me propped up all kinds of ways and angles and I just can't seem to find something that works. Anyone found a pillow/body position that works?

I've got the Swelly Belly Band- that helps for burning and I can sometimes rest with that on...

I know I can survive on a little sleep but right now I'd be thrilled with 4 straight hours of sleep. I had that once in hospital and once at home; then I had two nights of just horrible- last night, and first night in hospital.

I even have "sleep" spray for my pillows- a dreamy scent to help you drift off... and I time my main pain med for bedtime to help knock me out. So I'm not sure what else to try

Thanks for any advice dear sisters!

Aly
TAH 4/29/08 cervix out; ovaries still in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2008, 08:14 AM

My sweet DH bought me a wedge...I couldn't lay flat for the first cpl wks after surgery, it pulled my insides....I also put a pillow under my knees...you can buy those wedges at a medical supply store.

Good Luck...
Unread 05-03-2008, 08:23 AM

Thanks Stacy-

It's just shaped like a triangle? ANd you lean on it- so you are sitting up at an angle, yes? I'll search it out.

I'm glad you found relief

blessings-
Aly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:04 AM

Hi Aly,

I'm a stomach sleeper, but that was out of the question, of course, for a couple of weeks. What helped was sleeping on my side with my upper knee bent and a pillow under it.

Good luck and happy dreams!

MMM
Unread 05-03-2008, 10:18 AM

thanks MMM- basically a pillow between your legs and your top leg (the one not against the bed) is bent?

Thanks- I look forward to some good nights!
Unread 05-03-2008, 11:51 AM

i have a lot of pillows around me too.. i flop from side to side all night long , but find when i have support from a pillow between my legs and a little under my belly i do feel more comfortable..
i sleep in a queen size bed and i have so any pillows all around me , i barely fit in the bed...LOL...
Unread 05-03-2008, 12:33 PM

I laid with my pillows where they made a slant that I could lay on. But, I could also lay on my left side, even in the hospital. I couldn't lay on my right side right away (made my left side hurt.....wierd)

After my staples were removed, I started sleeping flat. Didn't have that pulling feeling anymore.
Unread 05-03-2008, 01:47 PM

I found also for me too having myself as close to the hospital bed position as possible. This meant LOTS of pillows, so I had 2 under my head and alternated 1 to 2 under my knees and liked one on my side. I also held onto my stuffed monkey friends with one in each arm and somehow all that made it perfect for me to sleep from day one. GOOD LUCK TO YOU. Keep us posted on how you're doing. Sharon
Unread 05-03-2008, 02:11 PM

I liked the Wedge pillow, too. Got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I sometimes added my regular pillow on top, depending on how much I wanted to be propped up. It also worked great, leaning upright against the headboard, for sitting up in bed. It is firm without being hard. You don't sink away into it. Hope this helps.
Unread 05-03-2008, 02:52 PM

I forgot to add to my previous post, that I did sleep with a pillow under my knees for awhile. I would also sometimes sleep with a pillow on my belly. The light pressure felt good. When I would sleep on the side and had to snuggle a body pillow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register