Here goes nothing! Do you obsess to? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Here goes nothing! Do you obsess to? Here goes nothing! Do you obsess to?

Unread 12-15-2014, 11:11 PM
Here goes nothing! Do you obsess to?

So I go in tomorrow and am going through about a hundred emotions. Excited to stop bleeding everyday for 16 months, nervous that I run out of leave before I am better and scared I could not make it. My husband thinks I am crazy for planning for every possibility but I'm one of those people who will freak out if everything is not sorted before. I am just wondering if I am alone in all of the above. And if you are a praying person please say a little prayer. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Re: Here goes nothing! Do you obsess to?

All of the feelings that you expressed are completely normal and you can most certainly count on me for prayers. Your surgery will be all over with and behind you before you know it.
Take care and see you on the other side
Unread 12-15-2014, 11:52 PM

Thank you so much. I just keep thinking this is the best thing for me and even better for my kids to have me back again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2014, 12:00 AM

Absolutely ... just ask my DH. I've obsessed since the day I knew something was wrong and made the first doctors appointment.
Unread 12-16-2014, 12:33 AM

Thank you Aussie H and good luck to you!
Unread 12-16-2014, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynotnow View Post
Thank you Aussie H and good luck to you!
Mine is still a long way away ... and could get even further after I see a different surgeon on Friday. I can kind of laugh about delays now as it's happened twice already. At least this time if I choose to go with the new Gyn/onc, then at least I'll be the one responsible for the delay and not the hospital.

Best of luck with your surgery. If you lived in Australia you'd likely be on the other side by now as the 16th is almost over.
Unread 12-16-2014, 01:26 AM

Quote:
So I go in tomorrow and am going through about a hundred emotions. Excited to stop bleeding everyday for 16 months, nervous that I run out of leave before I am better and scared I could not make it. My husband thinks I am crazy for planning for every possibility but I'm one of those people who will freak out if everything is not sorted before. I am just wondering if I am alone in all of the above. And if you are a praying person please say a little prayer. Thank you!
I am the same way, my surgery is in a few hours and I have been obsessing over every possible out come for the past month! It's the only control I have right now . I keep reminding myself that it will be wonderful to not have debilitated pain every month, and not have to worry if there is an event which happens to fall on the same dreaded days of my period!
Let's take a deep cleansing breath and trust in our wonderful Dr.'s that in a little while we will be on the road to a happier life with our families. 😊
Unread 12-16-2014, 04:13 AM

I am the exact same way. It is how I control my anxiety. I always go to the worst case scenario and work my way back on the list of things. In my mind if I can have plan b for all those things I feel at ease.
I had mine yesterday and the recovery so far is no different than any other laproscopy I have had. But I was at ease knowing I had plans.
Good luck you will be fine. Deep breaths and know we are praying for you
Unread 12-17-2014, 03:42 PM

I have to say I have to agree victoriah68 I think I am better today because I had everything worked out. The worst case didn't happen so I am alive and happy.
Unread 12-17-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I have to say I have to agree victoriah68 I think I am better today because I had everything worked out. The worst case didn't happen so I am alive and happy.
I am so glad to hear that. For some people all that planning for the worst stresses them out but some it really helps.
How are you feeling?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register