Blues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Blues

Hi 3.5 weeks post TAH (kept ovaries) I've over done it over Christmas and NY. Feeling tired and having period like pains and sharp twinges. Also feeling quite emotional and low. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2013, 06:58 AM
Re: Blues

Well I think it's called getting used to the new normal. I don't think my aches, pains and twinges will ever go away. I had a 14lb fibroid removed so I am feeling weird. Things are moving around, everything is different, bowels are troublesome at times. I also think I am super sensitive to my body since the surgery. The only good thing about it is not having to worry about a period. My new panties are beautiful and I love wearing them knowing I'm not going to ruin them.
Unread 01-01-2013, 07:38 AM

Honestly Petrified I really hadn't thought about not ruining my panties or pants, I'll be Sooo happy when I can comfortably wear my jeans again instead of yoga pants. That's something to look forward too. But I digress, Baggyless, I too have felt very up and down the last few days, think I probably tried to do a little too much, have defineately eaten a little too much, and generally feel a bit blah and I had a LAVH so I feel for you. Hope you have a wonderful New Year, here's to a healthy and happy 2013. We are here for u if u need to talk. Xxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2013, 07:40 AM

I have been overly emotional since my surgery on the 13th. The holidays were excrusitating to get through, at midnight last night I cried for an hour...I am told this is normal, hang in there
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:44 AM

Baggyless,

You are still in early days, as is most ladies on todays post, but christmas holidays are emotional, regardless of just going through major surgery. We always want everything to be perfect for everyone else, so we still try, and of course we are too tired to do everything, which sets us back, makes our bodies hurt, and leads to sadness. I went to a NYE party (I have great neighbours who celebrate Icelandic New YEar, as they are 3 hours ahead of Canadian NY - we can celebrate at 9 and be home for 10! Crazy bunch, just love them) anyway, the host made these beautiful little boxes, and we each had to mentally put our problems or worries in it, and then we through them on the fire. Very symbolic and rather nice. My box was pretty full... and when I lay awake from another hot spell! my mind started to wander, not good! so I went back to the image of throwing the problem on the fire. It worked. Ok, it may not work for ever, but it was a nice feeling.
Hang in there ladies, this is going to be OUR year xoxoxo
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:45 AM

I absolutely love that idea!!! I wish I had a fire place to do this in

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonsbluff View Post
Baggyless,

You are still in early days, as is most ladies on todays post, but christmas holidays are emotional, regardless of just going through major surgery. We always want everything to be perfect for everyone else, so we still try, and of course we are too tired to do everything, which sets us back, makes our bodies hurt, and leads to sadness. I went to a NYE party (I have great neighbours who celebrate Icelandic New YEar, as they are 3 hours ahead of Canadian NY - we can celebrate at 9 and be home for 10! Crazy bunch, just love them) anyway, the host made these beautiful little boxes, and we each had to mentally put our problems or worries in it, and then we through them on the fire. Very symbolic and rather nice. My box was pretty full... and when I lay awake from another hot spell! my mind started to wander, not good! so I went back to the image of throwing the problem on the fire. It worked. Ok, it may not work for ever, but it was a nice feeling.
Hang in there ladies, this is going to be OUR year xoxoxo
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:48 AM

Hi debbie

Do you know someone who does? You could just turn up on their doorstep, with your box, and just say,
Hey, nice too see you, just want to put something on your fire. Happy New Year.
and then leave
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:52 AM

Ha ha, no unfortunately

Quote:
Hi debbie

Do you know someone who does? You could just turn up on their doorstep, with your box, and just say,
Hey, nice too see you, just want to put something on your fire. Happy New Year.
and then leave
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:59 AM

Ok, new idea for you then..

How about a burning lantern?
I did a quick search on line and found varies sites you can get them from. From $1 upwards. Then you can fill it, and set it alight and set it free.... (please follow instructions lol) and you can wave goodbye to your 2012 problems

xoxox
Unread 01-01-2013, 09:01 AM

Oh I like that idea

Quote:
Ok, new idea for you then..

How about a burning lantern?
I did a quick search on line and found varies sites you can get them from. From $1 upwards. Then you can fill it, and set it alight and set it free.... (please follow instructions lol) and you can wave goodbye to your 2012 problems

xoxox

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register