Almost two weeks! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost two weeks! Almost two weeks!

Unread 04-21-2013, 10:36 PM
Almost two weeks!

Almost 2 weeks post-op and I feel like a new woman. My Doc said there would be a 50/50 chance he would have to do an open incision, and hip-hip-hooray, he was able to go with the Davinci Lap option. My recovery is up and down, energy, crash, no pain, then ow ow ow...but heres the thing...If any of you have similar circumstances, or thoughts, please chime in here...

He was "surprised" at what he found. He said my right ovary was "encysted and diseased" and "stuck to my uterus". Apparently, what was supposed to be my largest fibroid was actually my right ovary. And, he was pleased that he was able to "deliver" all of it vaginally, but it was, in total, the size of a pineapple! So now I am waiting on pathology results, and my first follow-up is tomorrow afternoon...but, how many of you ladies had surprises like this? And how did it all turn out? Im kinda stressing about the whole "encysted and diseased" bit, so any reassurances? Aside from all this, my recovery is going as well as can be expected...thank heaven for DaVinci, and Doc Mike.

Have a good one, ladies
~K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2013, 06:09 AM
Re: Almost two weeks!

hi
i also or should i say my doctor had a "surprise" whilst doing my TAH. Apparently i had a cyst on my left ovary that was the size of a grapefruit and he didn't know i had a cyst there???? the ultrasound never showed it ?! i just remember the technician saying she couldn't get a good look at my left ovary ...now i know why. Also we knew that i had a 2 1/2 inch mass on my right ovary but he said it was much bigger than he thought.... so you are not alone.... guess until the doctor is actually "inside" he can't really see what we may or may not have on our ovaries ?!

i have had everything removed and awaiting the hear the pathology results.... i haven't heard anything nor am i going to call...i figure no news is good news...

please let us know...if you feel up to sharing ... how your doctor's apt goes...
god bless...stay positive....
you are beautiful !
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:32 AM

My surprises were that my uterus was found wedged up under my ribcage in the front! (just under my bra band!)... I had such terrible labor pains, I was hoping it would be adenomyosis...and than God!! I did... and it was "extreme" according to the path report. The other surprise was that my ovary (that was hard to get a good look at via ultrasound) was adhered to my uterus and stuck against my backbone! My ultrasound report showed a left ovary without issue... even tho I had previous reports of complex cysts on my ovaries that I discussing with the technician.... but when the Dr got a good look at it.... yup.. the cysts were still there. So glad it's over!!

Please try to be patient and wait for the results before driving yourself crazy... like I would be! I'm terrible at waiting and relaxing. We're here for you tho!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2013, 09:04 AM

Prior to surgery I had 3 ultrasounds that showed a suspicious growth in my uterus. On March 1st I went in to have my uterus removed. When the surgeon got in there he found borderline ovarian cancer that never showed on the ultrasounds. So he left everything in there, closed me back up and referred me to a Gyno onco. Still more surprises during second surgery a month later..my ovaries were bent over and laying/attached to my bladder where 2 implants were found. The doctor doesn't believe it is new cancer just cells that sloughed off from the ovaries. I go back to dr for check up and pathology results on Wednesday. These have been the longest 2 weeks of my life. On Friday the "board of doctors" met to go over the results, but I too am hoping no news is good news. Praying that I don't need any chemo or radiation.
Unread 04-22-2013, 03:02 PM

Wow. At least I'm not alone in the whole surprised Doctor phenomenon. I talked to him today, and he called it a chocolate tumor. Yuck! Endemetriomal cysts in and on my ovary. And since it had bent around to attach to my uterus, it explained some of the pain. He said it was a good thing he got it when he did, because had it ruptured, I would have known a new meaning of pain! Wow! No cancer for me, thank goodness, and my recovery is going well

Thanks for the replies and reassurances, and all the best to you beautiful ladies!
Unread 04-22-2013, 05:45 PM

Wahooooo!!!!! Awesome!! So glad you got the answers!! How wonderful! I've had a cyst rupture... yup, off the ER, an ambulance trip, emergency cat scans and ultrasounds.... not fun!! Sooooo happy for you!! Sleep well!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register