cin3..feel like a freak | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cin3..feel like a freak cin3..feel like a freak

Unread 08-17-2005, 04:38 PM
cin3..feel like a freak

I have what must be a strange and rare condition...cin3. I must be the only HS with this condition.
I can't get a straight answer from my doc and I thought I'd get some help or info. here.
Not so much for this sister,
Helen

very sad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2005, 05:00 PM
cin3..feel like a freak

I did a google search and for this and found this article.
Click Me Also try this one here. There were also some other articles listed.
Hope this is helpful.
Kristi
Unread 08-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Thank you

Thanks Kristi,
I did find the info. helpful.
And I will be glad when this is over with. Sorry my prior post was so cranky.
Helen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2005, 11:23 PM
cin3..feel like a freak

Oh, Helen...

You most certainly are *not* a freak! Plenty of us have had CINIII, myself included. I'm sorry your doctor did such a lousy job of explaining your condition. I'm glad that the articles Kristi provided helped.

Are you scheduled to have a hyst? Thinking about it? Have you had any procedures done to get rid of those bad cells on your cervix? Like a LEEP?

Margot
Unread 08-17-2005, 11:31 PM
cin3..feel like a freak

Hi and thanks for being understanding.
I had 2 leeps (a breeze) and a cold knife procedure but prior to that I had about 5 biopsies.
I had to have a myomectomy to get rid of the fibroids so dr. could access my cervix.
All this to avoid a hyst and I'm glad for my efforts but I'm ready for this to be over with.
Helen
Unread 08-18-2005, 09:19 PM
cin3..feel like a freak

(((Helen)))

CIN 3 is actually not uncommon at all. The thing is that most women are easily treated with a LEEP or cryo and don't have any ongoing problems. It's only a small percentage of us that need to go so far as to have a hysterectomy to deal with it.

Most of the ladies who have had CIN 3 (dysplasia) or cervical cancer tend to "hang out" in the Cancer Concerns forum. There are several of us, but not everyone visits everyday, so you might not hear much for a couple of days at a time.

Also, check out our Resource area--several articles in there that might be of interest to you! And feel free to ask any specific questions that you might have--we'll be happy to help you find the information you are looking for. Then, of course, make sure to check with your doctor to make sure all of the information is applicable to you.

Unread 08-19-2005, 12:03 AM
cin3..feel like a freak

Thanks Jeanine,
I'm an insomniac this week and reading all I can here and it's helpful.
I'm fully prepared mentally for my hyst and way envious of those who get to keep their cervix.
Unread 08-19-2005, 12:44 PM
cin3..feel like a freak

I'm glad you're finding things that are helpful to you. Nothing worse than not being able to sleep and having nothing to occupy that time with!

Glad to hear that you're comfortable with your decision to have the hysterectomy. Don't feel too envious of those keeping their cervix. While it has it benfits, it has it's drawbacks, too. I haven't noticed any difference with my cervix gone. Mine was not sensitive to sexual stimulation, so there's no reason for me to miss it for that. I'm not having any problems (that I know of) with my pelvic organs--everything seems to be where it belongs. I rarely hear from women who wished that they'd kept their cervix after the fact. So, while many/most women who keep their cervix seem happy with that (and thus are advocates of it), women who have it removed also seem to be happy with that choice. It's impossible to know if any of them would have had a different experience had they chosen to go the other way.

Unread 08-20-2005, 06:05 AM
cin3..feel like a freak

Thanks Jeanine,
I'm uplifted a bit now. It really doesn't make sense to worry about what I can't keep. I'm pretty happy about what I hope to keep.
Ali
Unread 08-20-2005, 01:44 PM
cin3..feel like a freak

Hi, Ali...

I'm with (((Jeanine))). The majority of women don't seem to miss their cervix. There *are* some poor sisters who have had their sex lives become much less satisfying because of removal of the cervix. But, they are in the minority, and we hear more about that here, because this is a support site. And those poor women are devatated and need support! But, the odds are really in your favor.

I had a hyst and kept my cervix. It gave me so much trouble (pain and 12 day mini periods), that I had it removed 6 months later. So I am in the rare position of having had it "both ways." And, my experience is that sex was not changed for me after I had my cervix removed. There are also risks in keeping the cervix. You may end of feeling relieved when it's gone. I sure did. I'd had over 20 years of normal paps and then went to carcinoma in situ (the last step before invasive cancer) in one year. I let an insane doc talk me into keeping my cervix, and he's the one who did my LEEP!

My doc (one of my sane ones) said to me the other day, that in his experience, there are some women who tend to prolapse, and if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. He doesn't see the point in keeping the cervix for the added support of the pelvic floor.

Where is your chrystal ball when you need it?! Unfortunately, there are no guarantees with any of this stuff and we just have to take our chances and hope for the best. And, of course, educate ourselves as much as we can and get more than one opinion.

I hope you will calm down a little with time and get some sleep! This waiting part can be *very* difficult!

Margot

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register