Around 3 Weekers?? Whats Your Progress? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Around 3 Weekers?? Whats Your Progress? Around 3 Weekers?? Whats Your Progress?

Unread 12-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Around 3 Weekers?? Whats Your Progress?

Hi Sisters!

I am almost 3 weeks post op and here's how I have been doing...

1st week.... stayed in bed alot. Slept alot. Some pain.Food tasted yucky. sleepness nights.

2nd week....Up more for longer amount of time. Tired quickly. Back to bed. Mostly Ibruprofen if Needed. Appitite better. Food tasted more normal. Shooping for one hour, extemely tired after that !! sleeping better.

3rd week...More Energy !!!! still taking it easy. Went shopping and out to dinner, felt good when I returned. Loved eating out, It was great! Sleeping good. Still haveing bowel issues..Constipation
Thinking about sex more often.
Very little aches and pains

HOW ARE YOU DOING?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2005, 03:40 AM

Sounds like you are doing great. That's wonderful. I'm still trying to get off the loritab and just do ibuprofen, but can't seem to quite make it through the day yet. It feels good to get out though huh? I go to dinner, but that's it. I tire easily too. Try some senokot for the constipation. It worked great for me. Keep up the good healing. csc
Unread 12-03-2005, 05:36 AM

Feeling pretty much as you do. Some days feel great and others v tired. Slight set back with constipation earlier this week but hopefully sorted now!!! Drinking prune juice and eating prunes seem to do the trick. Are you still using pads? I have just a slight loss which I gather is normal- thanks to this site, not any 'official' info!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2005, 06:32 AM

Hi again ladies,

I have never needed to use pads. I guess I should ask...I had a TVH, am I supposed to have been bleeding? I bled slightly for an hour after surgery, but have not at all since then. Not even a spot.
I have bouts of insomnia alot. I feel like I want to go go go, but I don't. Can anyone answer the bleeding question for me?
Best Wishes girls
Unread 12-03-2005, 07:02 AM

I am at 3 weeks as well. I had a tah. I am still taking ibuprofen for swelling. I am sleeping great and hormone replacement hasn't been too bad. I have the patch and it does itch and turns red. I feel well, but if I am on my feet too long my incision area swells and my back hurts. So I go back to the recliner. My doctor said my body will let me know. I am going to try to go back to work at 4 weeks. Hopefully this week I will build up some stamina. Take care, nancey
Unread 12-03-2005, 07:38 AM

I had a TVH on the 14th and you pretty much listed my progress so far.
Yesterday my energy went away. Guess my body wanted me to rest. Hubby brought dinner home, great guy.
I am trying to eat good things, I have such gas pains in the am bowel movment. I wish those would go away. My system just seems sluggish. I seem to take forever to get out of the bathrom in the morning.
I just have a bloated achey feeling. Don't take any pain meds. Yesterday I noticed I was retaining water as I do when I am PMSing. Checked my calander and it was the right time of the month.
All in all I feel better than before the surgery. I had fibroids, my uterus fell forward, then everything was prolapsing down to my bowels. Told hubby the first week, that I was in more pain before the surgery.
Trying to take care of myself, I didn't go thru all of this to mess up and hurt myself.
Unread 12-03-2005, 01:54 PM

Hi Girls, Seems I have alot more Gas then normal too. I made a mistake and ate some bar b qued beans last night. Poor hubby said he thought he was being shot at all night ! Im so embarrassed, I would never "Fluff" in front of him purposely.
This should get better with time, I would think and hope !
Unread 12-04-2005, 01:28 AM

Hi--it sounds like you're doing great! I had a TVH (with bladder repair) two weeks ago. I have been bleeding every day since surgery. I feel like I've been hit by a truck most of the time. My doctor says I'm healing fine, though. I'm finding it very hard to be patient during recovery--I can't sleep, either! My doctor prescirbed Ambien for a few days, but it made me nuts. I'm encouraged to hear you are getting your energy back already-- there MUST be a light at the end of my tunnel! Please continue to share your progress--I don't know ANYONE who has had my procedure done. Thanks!
Unread 12-04-2005, 04:31 AM

Hi i had a T A H two weeks on Tuesday i feel great for the first time yesterday i stopped up all day lots of visitors and felt great sleeping well on a night now i can get onto my side and no longer flat on my back lol .Pain not to bad but still constipated,walking around house OK but not been outside yet think i will try the supermarket later in the week with h/b no blood loss just brown discharge no need for pad.
Unread 12-05-2005, 02:03 AM

Its great to hear all of us are doing what we should be. I am doing great but today and yeasterday I was real tired , so I rested and did nothing !
I have my days where I feel like I could run a marathon, and other days I feel like I was trompled on by the runners

I can't wait until I feel like ( and i can ) do things that I want to do. Best Wishes to all of you..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register