fever-anyone | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-06-2007, 06:27 PM
fever-anyone

very sick-fever and chilled. Had hyster- 3-29[wrote a few days ago-that I felt bad still. I had to drive yesterday so I DIDN'TTAKE motrin-102 fever chilled-gyn called in cipro. anyone w/ fever? should I see doc next wk?
chilled in TEXAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2007, 06:45 PM
fever-anyone

As a nurse and hyst. pt. you should see md right away with temp of 102. Anything over 101.5 usually means active infection. Also didn't your doctor tell you not to drive for 2 weeks? You can still have anesthesia in your system for up to couple weeks for liver to get rid of totally. Plus something else I read in this forum said if you can't stomp on your foot with causing painyou should not be driving. You don't want to rip stitches (internal) by having to slam on breaks. Also with that temp. you need to be in bed. Hope you have someone to help and care for you. Please see your doctor with someone taking you.
Unread 04-06-2007, 06:51 PM
fever-anyone

I would have to agree, you probably need to go see a doctor, you don't want to get a bad infection anywhere if it's a little infection now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2007, 07:03 PM
fever-anyone

does anyone have cold body-I AM FREEZING!!!!!!!
Unread 04-06-2007, 07:06 PM
fever-anyone

Hi coffee,
I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. A fever of 102 in an adult is not fun. Do you have other symptoms like abdominal or back pain? Usually fever is just a symptom of something else going on like a bacterial infection or a virus. I'm glad you got in touch with your doctor. If you are not improving by Sunday, you should call your doctor again. Usually by 48 hours on an antibiotic you will have some improvement and Cipro is a pretty strong antibiotic.

Take care, I hope you start feeling better real soon
Unread 04-06-2007, 08:41 PM
fever-anyone

I was instructed if my fever got over 101 to head to the ER. I was having fevers, chills, sweating, but it was still under 101. When it did start to spike and get higher, I ended up in the ER, and I had pneumonia in both lungs (I hadn't been coughing, BTW...just felt like I couldn't take a deep breath.)

My surgeon told me any fever higher than 101 meant something was definitely wrong, and the cause should be looked into.

You could have a virus...but seems to me that being post-op by just a week, you really should be seen sooner than next week.
Unread 04-07-2007, 06:04 AM
fever-anyone

It blows my mind how dr.s just call something in without seeing us. If we wouldn't have had major surgery, maybe. There are so many different things that could be wrong. Some more serious than others and they cannot tell that over the phone. When I had my fever and vaginal discomfort my dr. had me come in. He is a very well regarded surgeon that doesn't have opening for 3 months but he was insistent that I get in there ASAP. When I arrived they took me almost immediately to the back and checked blood and urine. I also had a pelvic. I could not leave until the blood work came back. Determining my treatment was based on my white blood count. Thankfully I was able to come home and recover on 2 oral antibiotics.

I would insist on seeing my dr. If he wouldn't see me I would go somewhere. It is better than letting something get out of control.

Sherri
Unread 04-07-2007, 06:28 AM
fever-anyone

you should really go to the ER, a walk-in center or call your dr back. after i had umbilical hernia surgery on a thurs, i also had a fever and just didnt feel good. on sat morning i called my surgeon and he said it sounded like nothing and didnt call me anything in. i went to my family doc and had bacterial pneumonia. i got a shot in my butt i will never forget and was on an inhaler on and off all winter from it. you could just have a virus but if you dont, it could be something very serious.
Unread 04-07-2007, 07:24 AM
fever-anyone

Mycoffee! I hope that you are feeling better this morning. If not..please go to the ER and get checked out. I too was told, any fever over 101 that I needed to be seen immediately. You shouldn't be driving this soon, so if there is no one to take you, call an ambulance if you have to.
Please take care of yourself and let us know how you are feeling.
Unread 04-07-2007, 09:15 AM
fever-anyone

hi everyone
I had a tah on 3/13 and in the hosp. right after surgery ran a fever in the 102 zone. Doc put me on iv anti. and I stayed until my fever went down. Discharged on 3/16. All was going well until 2nd week and fever went to 99 zone. The first 2 days felt like hit by truck. I started to feel better but can't get rid of low grade fever. Went to Doc past wed. and he didn't want to wait for tests so he put me on Cipro just in case anything bac. growing. He said by tues. after holiday I could be in trouble. Could be viral or bact. It has been 8 days and my mind is running wild. Still have fever even after Cipro started wed. evening. only 99.5 but scared.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register