Night sweats | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Night sweats

My surgery was on Tuesday the 17th. Feeling ok. uterus removed and one ovary both tubes. Are night sweats normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Re: Night sweats

Hi Chris..I think they are..as your body is returning to normal..it's been through a lot and needs some adjusting.
I've been having night sweats like crazy..
sometimes during the day as well!
Unread 05-22-2011, 12:35 PM

I've been having night sweats as well... had them during my hospital stay and I am still having them.... both my ovaries removed though...

I sleep with a fan blowing now... and I can't sleep with my favorite blanket anymore :-( Have to make do with just a sheet.... otherwise I wake up soaking wet!

... and then there's hot flashes...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2011, 12:37 PM

Ya! fan blowing for me, too..and mostly just a sheet..and now I've developed a cold...
Unread 05-22-2011, 02:08 PM

I had this happen to me for about 4 weeks after surgery. I would wake up drenched and have to change pj's in the middle of the night. Then one day they just stopped.
Unread 05-22-2011, 02:36 PM

Night sweats are very normal. I recommend cotton pjs and sheets, and I have also found the chillow very helpful after sleeping with a fan on my face for 6 weeks. Lol. Since the chillow my night sweats haven't been so wet in general, which let's me change my sheets after a few days rather than every night. Hope you find some relief!
Unread 05-22-2011, 02:47 PM

my nurses assured me that the nightsweats were quite normal as the body recovered from the shock of surgery, sweated out the meds and started to adjust hormonally. Mine lasted a full 4 weeks, even on the vivelle patch at it highest dose, then they eased up and went away.

I would put an ice pack on my back when mine would hit...helped so much!
Unread 05-22-2011, 04:31 PM

Yes, I had them, and kept both ovaries. Six weeks out, they're gone.
Unread 05-23-2011, 08:13 AM

Night sweats - yes. Pounding heart beat and palpitations (and subsequent horrific headache) - yes. Insomnia from about 10:30 pm until 3:30 pm - yes. Surgical menopause, here we come! I put the Vivelle patch on yesterday afternoon and I am praying it will help. So we're sweating together! I don't think I was really prepared for this to happen so quickly. Can't think of why that was considering I am now completely without any hormones! :-) Are you all feeling exhausted during the day from no sleep as well? Post-op recovery or surgical menopause starting - can't say which is more fun......
Unread 05-24-2011, 11:00 AM

I had night sweats prior to my hysterscopic resection 3/4/11, but they started to increases but I have had a fever too. Since my LAVH, they have been much worse. I sleep with a window cracked and fan on year around even when I have 5 feet of snow in my yard. So I do not think its my room. I have to change pjs twice every night or I am soaked and freeze. I cannot win for losing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register