Funny Anesthesia Stories - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Funny Anesthesia Stories Funny Anesthesia Stories

Unread 03-18-2017, 07:48 PM
Re: Funny Anesthesia Stories

Before surgery I remember holding the mask and breathing, and I took it off to say something. Wasn't sure what really, until I saw the doc after. He said that I took a break from breathing in the gas to tell him to make sure to wake me up once he removed my uterus so we could dissect it together. I wanted to see wt **** was its problem and why I was bleeding all the time. Lol!

After surgery I was still deep under and woke up to a nurse slapping my hand and shaking me. My heart slowed wayyyy down and they were like "no ma'am! You're not leaving us!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2017, 10:41 PM
Funny Anesthesia Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim M View Post
I woke up to the nurses saying "Mrs M breathe, breathe." I was like "what????" I am alive! Guess I was so out of it that I had actually stopped breathing. Than when I got to my room, I had a roommate who was not so nice. To hear dh tell it I told her and the nurse off said "my family is staying, end of discussion, told them to get over it" and than promptly fell asleep. When I woke up roomie was gone and I was onto another shift and a very lovely and nice nurse.
I was told the same thing! Post-op I must have hit my pain med button too many times within an hour while I was in recovery room that I was high as a kite and pet my boyfriend's beard because it was "so soft". Lol and then once him and my family left, the nurses kept coming back to me because my heart rate sky rocketed and I kept taking a few breaks from breathing lol I even fell asleep with that blowing contraption hanging out of my mouth. Almost sent myself into cardiac arrest. But I breathed and dropped it back down under 100. Fun times.
Unread 04-05-2017, 07:57 AM

Love these stories. After my tubal, I was being wheeled from the post op to the recovery area, and it was a really long hallway. My husband has relayed that I would get super excited any time anybody was coming toward us, and I'd wave at them super enthusiastically. If they waved back, I was ecstatic. If they didn't, then sad Snoopy. (I'm not usually that outgoing, either)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2018, 09:34 AM

This is before I was put to sleep.. I can hear my doc saying 'I'll hold her hand, she has been through so much.." then he says "Now don't break my hand or I won't do the surgery." Then I say "Don't worry I won't, I pro.(promised )" then I was out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register