Still reeling from news. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still reeling from news. Still reeling from news.

Unread 02-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Still reeling from news.

Now reading buying new jamies and bedding might be a bit of a smile.
Am scheduled 3/16/05.
Knew I needed the bladder lift but was near off table when I heard hysterectomy too.
Guess I should have realized its all joined in there.<sigh>
Have so many questions and alot of fears.
Dont think I have accepted what needs done yet.
Started the hot flashes and night sweats 4 months ago. Yet doctor says the lab work will determine if menopausal or not.
Cysts found on both ovarys also. If not menopausal he said I can choose to keep ovarys or not. OMG I havent a clue what to do.

One thing is it sure explains alot of the severe discomfort the last year. The major drop I cant pin point but has been within the last year and I just ignored it hoping it would go away.
From what I read alot of you say I will feel miracously well afterwards.
Tell me the denial phase doesnt last forever and I will accept this.
I think it is mainly alot of unknowns I fear.

Thanks for your site.

She
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Still reeling from news.

Hi! You are in the right place! Please keep reading and writing in becuase everyone here is so great about sharing their experiences to help each other. When I first came here I felt just what you described - so many choices and things I had to think about - I was feeling very overwhelmed. Now, I feel a lot better about everything, more in control, and adjusted to the decisions I have made. You will, too!

Check out the FAQs and the hysterectomy Info link above to get a running start and keep asking questions! We are here for you!
Unread 02-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Still reeling from news.

Welcome New Sis!!
We have the same surgery date. Just thought I would send you a quick hello! Feel free to contact me at any time... all the Sisters here are WONDERFUL!!
Make yourself at home!
Hugs
Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Still reeling from news.

So complete hysteria and mood swings till final decison is not WACKO????????????????????
Final decision...........who am I kidding. It has to be done.
Think alot is this 40 thingy tomorrow and I will admit I felt hysterectomy was an old lady surgery.
How pompass is that after reading some young storys.
Not like I could have anymore children anyways..................unless immaculate conception is in a thread here somewhere.
My DH and I are both sterilized and my chances of reversal were 33% and his were 20%.
WHY is this so difficult to accept??????????
No more cycles!!!!!!!!!!! That has to be a good thing.
Ok so heres the questions.............
What about weight gain after?? Im 6 foot and 150 lbs. Does a hysterectomy slow your metabolism down and you put weight on??
Now I read breast shrinkage.................
Most say after surgery the feeling better is immediate.
So no more pressure and leaning forward to pee lol and constant cramp in my lower abdomen? Oh how I ignored IT ALL!!!!
Here I thought it was all hormone related, menopausal and didnt accept IT ALL HAD FALLEN TO MY wazzoosey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya'll are so helpful and I feel I can vent here.

Thought 40 was a gals prime????????????? She
Unread 02-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Still reeling from news.

They are your ovaries...It's your call as to keeping or not..menopausal or not.

Rational for Ovarian Conservation by Donna Shoupe MD
Unread 02-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Still reeling from news.

I remember feeling a sense of unreality for two weeks from the time of my diagnosis to the day of my surgery. Those were the most difficult two weeks of my life! Every time someone mentioned that I had ca, I would think "Oh My God, that sounds so serious, that can't be me!" It was so weird. I don't think it was real to me until my surgery date when the anesthesiologist was inserting the IV and I thought, this is really going to happen! I was so scared at that moment. But you know what? Everything turned out fine and the anesthesia and surgery were no where near as bad I thought they'd be.

In my case, the ovaries had to go b/c the type of ca can transfer microscopically at a very early stage. Ovarian cancer if hard to detect, so I'm glad they're gone. I don't have to worry about future surgery b/c of them. I feel good and am well on the road to recovery now. Having this time is like a gift.

Being here will really help you. Don't hesitate to ask questions. There are so many wonderful women here who can help.

It really helped me to go read the postings about experiences in the hospital. You might want to check that out.

God bless you!

Becca

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register