New here! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-25-2008, 12:10 PM
New here!

Good morning,

I am computer iliterate and have no idea if i am even doing this right. I had my surgery on 09-10 and overwhelmingly surprised with the lack of post op pain!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2008, 12:16 PM
New here!

Welcome! That is great....what kind of surgery did you have? I had a LAVH and had little pain also.... we are among the lucky ones I guess!
Unread 09-25-2008, 12:24 PM
New here!

thats really great..i'm glad youre feeling so well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2008, 03:36 PM
New here!

I too had very little pain. LAVH/BSO
Unread 09-25-2008, 04:37 PM
New here!

You can add me to your list of no pain. I had a LAVH on 8/26 and I almost feel guilty about how easy it was.
Unread 09-25-2008, 05:04 PM
New Here

I am glad to hear there are others who are experiencing the lack of pain i am. I thought there was something wrong! My family just three weeks ago moved into our new home and there are a ton of boxes that need to be unpacked. Yesterday, i helped my husband unpack some boxes and i felt great. This afternoon i woke up from a nap and i can't tell if i am having stomach problems or cramps from doing work yesterday. Just to be on the safe side i wont be helping unload any more boxes.
Unread 09-25-2008, 05:08 PM
New here!

I had very little pain also. One pain pill the first day home and that was it. VH on 9/15
Unread 09-26-2008, 06:06 AM
New here!

Just to clarify here......I had very little pain but I still followed my Dr. orders and did not pick anything up, did not do any floors, walk the dogs etc. for FEAR of undoing something that was done!!! I also took my motrin on schedule to ward off pain and to help with any possible swelling and inflamation. I am not a young hyster sister.... I will be the speed limit in Dec. (55 that is LOL) so I tried real hard to make this the only surgery I would have.....Also I am a retired school teacher so I was VERY lucky not to have to think about returning to a job outside the home.... I am an on call MawMaw which means I am on call to my family to help with 3 beautiful grand daughters... but I even went off call for 7 weeks..... All just to say.... just because some of us are lucky with minimal pain we still need to pamper ourselves and heal.... we still have all those internal stictches even though they are not as painful as some of our other sisters' are. Also the key word here is LUCKY.... the lack of major pain does not make us any better or mean that someone who has pain is weak .....I will pray hard for those who are in pain for quick recoveries and for thanks for those of us who were lucky!!!!!!
Unread 09-26-2008, 07:33 AM
New here!

I had a LAVH/BSO June 18 and thought I would be in a good bit of pain but was not. 48 Hours after surgery I was traveling to watch my oldest play high school baseball and my youngest play in a AllStar game. I did so good I traveled the rest of my 6 weeks off to watch my kids play baseball. My DH made me take pain meds the first day home but after that I said NO since there was no pain.
Unread 09-26-2008, 07:54 AM
New here!

Welcome! Glad to hear that you are doing so well. I am pain free myself now and I wouldn't change a thing! Feel better than I have felt in a long time!

Hugs!
Suzanne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register