My Fybro is acting up | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Fybro is acting up My Fybro is acting up

Unread 09-26-2009, 10:36 PM
My Fybro is acting up

I hate it when it flares, Right now my neck and shoulder on the right side is killing me.
To make matters worse it is flareing up in my hips and now my belly is swelling right big to the point my skin is so tight it is hurting. My insides are aching, and I am getting alot of pain in my abdomin. I cant wait to solve at least the fibroids problem and cysts,Endo clear up.
I know I am whinning but I have cry to hubby and my parents so long it is like they just nod to agree with you, like they dont hear you anymore.
I was hoping and there is still time, to have my last days before my surgery riding a low pain wave, instead of the works killing me.
Did any of you sister find your other problems flaring up, just before surgery? Is it because we are stressing?
I am not scared yet about the surgery, just lots of thoughts running around in my head.
Just wondering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Re: My Fybro is acting up

JennyPoo911, I am close too but I am doing everything in my power to be calm b/c I believe stress does make things worse. I think those fiboids know their days are numbered and are fighting for you to leave them be! So sorry you are hurting....please hang on.. Its almost over.
Pam
Unread 09-26-2009, 10:54 PM

So trying to be chill, and most times I think I am. Hubby said if I got any mellower I be dead lol
But it is hard to shut the brain down sometimes. As long as I dont start dreaming of it I think I will manage lol
ty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2009, 11:22 PM

I am right there with you Jenny, I feel like all the other things that I have going on (diagnosed with MS in 2004) are flairing up also. I feel like my body is fighting against what is coming. I also know I am stressed and need to calm down. I kept thinking all this morning that I had 6 days to go (dont know why) and then on the way to work I realized that it is only 4 and a huge knot formed in my stomach...I worked until 11:30 tonight and the whole time all I could think was "once it hits midnight it is only 3 days!" I know I will be fine, we all will be, but it is getting harder the closer it gets.

To top it off as the evening wore on I felt like my stomach was actually swelling. I wore pants that are a size bigger then I am right now (3 sizes bigger then I was a year ago when my stomach started "growing") and by the end of the night it was so streched out that my co-workers were telling me I looked "bigger" then when I got there. They all know what is going on so I didnt take offense.

I think we will be feeling better in a few days and I cant wait to be telling our "stories" on the other side.

I hope you get some sleep tonight...I was up until 6am last night but didnt have to get out of bed until 2pm so I got a few hours. Not even tired right now and it is 1:20 .

Also, vent away anytime you need to about the pain, I promise not to take it lightly like some people do.
Unread 09-26-2009, 11:28 PM

I hear you about it all. My swelly belly sucks I have had people ask me if I was preggie.
It is 1:30am and wide awake I will shut down my netbook soon and read, and hope it knocks me out.
I am playing on facebook right now lol
But hopefully my brain will shut down soon lol.
Maybe we will have to keep each other company during the night lol
Unread 09-26-2009, 11:41 PM

I am sure I will be up for the next couple of hours. I do have to work tomorrow (last day before surgery) from 11am-5pm so not too bad but I wasnt supposed to be working this weekend but seeing my surgery was postponed 6 days I told my boss I would give her 2 more days. I am looking forward to monday and tuesday off so I can finish what I have to.

Glad that my dad is taking the kids on Monday so I can have a night to rest and be able to sleep in tuesday.

I am on Facebook now too...LOL
Unread 09-27-2009, 07:39 AM

hi jenny.. kinda wierd to see someone with fibro.. I rarely meet someone else.. I also have fibro and am 12 days post op.. I was terrified how I was gonna deal with both fibro and surgery.. I was really more worried about the fibro than the cancer..
The last couple weeks before surgery, I was in major flare up and I can not take pain meds.. I would look 5 mths pregnant in am and ready to drop by evening... I tried to keep moving because the worst for me is being immobile, but it was so hard because to the tumor leaning on nerves in legs and fibro acting up in hips, knees and back..
I think it is so bad for us because stress is the worst thing for us so how can we avoid it knowing we are having major surgery.. I know what ya mean about people just pacifing you.. I was in the same boat and didn't find this site till afterwards..
So what made it better for me was to be really good to myself.. I did anything I could to occupy mjy mind, mostly t.v. , computer and doing research & visiting with people.. I also went for alot of mini walk just to keep the muscles from spasming..
Good luck and keep us posted..
Unread 09-27-2009, 01:45 PM

I am really glad to have this web site, and it is nice to hear from another fybro sufferer.
I didnt sleep all last night and it is 3:45pm and wide awake due to pain, my whole left side is flareing bad, from my neck down to my left hip/thigh. the adominal pain is thru the roof right now. No painmeds are touching it.
I am upset too, as I can not attend a really good friends Mom's funeral, I grew up with him and he was our neighbour. my hubby has gone, but I feel like I should be there too.
I know I will sleep tonight.
Unread 09-27-2009, 04:02 PM

Hello pre-op sisters on this fibro thread.
I had my surgery in early June and I found that my background pain did flare in that immediate pre-op period. It's stressful preparing for the surgery, both mentally and also physically getting ourselves and our families ready to manage the hospital trip and the recovery. I've exchanged posts with several fibro women post-op and none of us have had worse pain problems than others who have had the same surgery. Maybe it is because we are quite experienced at managing pain so we know what we need.

All the best with your respective surgeries and recoveries.

J
Unread 09-27-2009, 04:44 PM

I am so glad to hear the fybro dosent add addtional pain to your recovery. It probally figures you have enough.
Thanks for the info ladies, it does help ease my mind.
Want a chuckle?
I just took a shower with major swelly belly, and I wanted to shave my legs, well good god lol I started reciting to myself, DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS STUNT, PROFESSINALS UNDER SUPERVISION ARE DOING THEM!!!
My dog was looking at me strange lol. I tell I almost passed out due to pain, I was seeing stars. So standing in a shower stall and bending to shave your legs over a massive belly is not advised. Best go back to the sitting postion for this. Just thought you might want a chuckle lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register