Scheduled LAVH preop | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-12-2011, 04:29 PM
preop

I am scheduled for a LAVH on the 27th of June. I'm really nervous! I was given the option of D&C, ablation and removal of a polyp or a hysterectomy. I have a fibroid tumor the size of between a golf ball and tennis ball that is causing pain. Did I make the right decision?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Re: preop

Only you can answer whether you are making the right decision for you.

What may help is a pros and cons lists for each of your

options. You also need to consider how well each will address you issues and if not are you comfortable continuing to have those lingering issues.

Most definitely your options are far less intrusive and may be good options for you. You still have time to change your mind on your hyster but once you have had it, you can't take it back.

I am happy with my decision to have a hyster, mine was for fibroids, pedunctal submucosal fibroids and cysts on my right ovary. I did try other options, 11 years of it until psychologically I was ready to embrace a hyster.

All the best in making the decision that is right for you.
Unread 06-12-2011, 05:01 PM

I am constantly having cramps and pain in my abdomen because of my polyp and tumor. I was told the only way to be sure not to have future tumors and problems is the hyster. If the D&C and ablation wouldn't work I would be back in for the hyster. Thanks for the advice!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2011, 05:03 PM

Only you can answer whether you are making the right decision for you.

What may help is a pros and cons lists for each of your options. You also need to consider how well each will address you issues and if not are you comfortable continuing to have those lingering issues.

Most definitely some of your options are far less intrusive and may be good options for you or they may just delay a hyster for a period of time . You still have time to change your mind on your hyster but once you have had it, you can't take it back.

I am happy with my decision to have a hyster, mine was for fibroids, pedunctal submucosal fibroids and cysts on my right ovary. I did try other options, 11 years of it until psychologically I was ready to embrace a hyster.

All the best in making the decision that is right for you.
Unread 06-12-2011, 06:19 PM

I had the the option to have an ablation to see if that would fix my pain and heavy bleeding, but I would still need to have my left overy looked for and maybe removed, or have a total hysterectomy thankfully with the Di Vinchi. I looked at what others had done in this situation and the out comes for them. I seen that most people ended up having a hysterectomy. I decided to go with the hysterectomy because it was the best choice for me, due to the way it effected my total life. I go in on the 15th and get to restart my life. Each person must make the choice themselves. They must research and make the choice that is the best for their family and their body. I wish you luck and peice with whatever choice you make.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register