new here / date set | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new here / date set new here / date set

Unread 09-25-2003, 01:12 PM
new here / date set

Well after about 15 years of problems, were finally going through with it. TAH, BSO, set for 10/9 for endo, adeno? , heavy bleeding and tons of pain. Thanks to everyone on this board. Have read everything, it helps. Just real nervous. Have a great family and my 16 yr DDs (twins ) will help watch the 4 yr old. Just more worried on my house when I'm gone. Hoping to be back home within 2 days, the dr told me 3 -5, because they what to work on cutting the adhesions again. Again thanks for everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2003, 01:35 PM
new here / date set

Hi dmhughs WELCOME

Wish you had signed on sooner, but we are glad you are here. since you have read everything then you already know that we talk about, confess, share just about everything. Someone here will understand whatever it is that is bugging you at the moment.

Sounds like you are more worried about the house than yourself. Uh OH.

You have to let go of the house, the laundry, the vacuuming (my personal favorite thing to do) the cooking, the dishes, the dusting, Hmmm its begining to sound like a vacation. Except the maid won't turn back the covers and put mints on your pillows. Well, unless your daughters read this post and get the idea that the newly crowned royalty in their midst could use the extra treat. Yeah right!!!

Do you take anything for the pain? or are you gutting it out. I gutted it out up intil labor day weekend. that was it....no more guts to gut out. Thank God for modern medicine and modern drugs.

Ask your doctor about walking to assist with decreasing post op adhesions. When I worked med/surg we worked with patients on this. Most don't want to walk but those that did religiously did seem to have fewer problems. Then in 2000 I had to major abdominal surgeries. My honey litterly mad me and it really helped- no adhesions.
Unread 09-25-2003, 02:11 PM
new here / date set

Dilu,
I have been on pain meds in the past, as long as birth control, and other, but stopped taking anything 2 years ago as it wasn't doing any more for the pain than over the counter ibropfen(sp), so i live on 600 mg, when the pain is real pain, otherwise just lay around and literally cry at times. As I said before to my dr "i can't take it no more" do something. She wanted to do this 2 years ago, but I wasn't ready for it. Now I am. The Dr is afraid as to what she is gonna see, the last time was three yrs ago when she went in and it was bad then. So we just gonna hope for the best, and can't wait till its done.
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2003, 03:27 PM
new here / date set

You will be in my prayers from now on Donna. It has to make you feel a little scared as well as your doc. But miracles do happen and we will just pray that things go smoothly. !0/9 is doable. Right?

Meanwhile I am glad you are here because some of the girls will have you laughing through your tears, literaly, and others just seem to know the right thing to say. But someone aways has support for us.

Dilu

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register