Five days out, felt good, now feeling awful | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Five days out, felt good, now feeling awful Five days out, felt good, now feeling awful

Unread 12-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Five days out, felt good, now feeling awful

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy on Dec. 6. I had heavy bleeding and when I went for my annual physical on Nov. 7, my uterus was measuring like a 12 week pregnancy. I was sent for a pelvic ultrasound where they found a 12cm cyst on my left ovary and a 2.5cm cyst in my right ovary. They looked suspicious so I went for the cancer bloodwork and an abdominal CT scan which PTL both came back normal. But my doc and I decided that just to be safe that we take it all out. I never wanted to go through that wondering if I had cancer there again. So, on Dec. 6, I had the surgery (I thought it couldn't be much worse than my 3 previous c-sections) and again, PTL, the tests on the actual cysts came back as non-cancerous. My first few days seemed like a breeze; I stayed in the hospital for 2 nights, was up and walking without too much pain, and days 3 & 4 were good too, but when I woke up on day 5 (Sat) I was much more sore and uncomfy and today was even worse. I had done a couple of bm's on Thursday but really had to go so this morning I finally went again. I know I strained to go and I fear I nay have hurt something because my tummy is more tender today and I've been a bit nauseus (this could be a buildup of the meds that don't agree with me) and cold all day. Good news is that I go to the doctor tomorrow to get my staples out and get checked over. I'd appreciate any thoughts, insight, experience anyone wants to share with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Re: Five days out, felt good, now feeling awful

It's good you're seeing the doctor tomorrow, that will ease your mind. It sounds like what you're experiencing is normal. My whole recovery was two steps forward, one step back. Sometimes two steps back! Be patient and take it easy. And remember its a marathon, not a sprint.
Unread 12-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Re: Five days out, felt good, now feeling awful

I am on day 5 and feeling the blahs' I am sorry you are not feeling well here's a hug for you.
I find myself trying to do too much. Had little more pain today. Have kept busy doing little project. cleaning out kitchen drawers etc. Boredom eating. :P

Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register