July B.E.S.T. Chatter Thread - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

July B.E.S.T. Chatter Thread July B.E.S.T. Chatter Thread

Unread 07-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Re: July B.E.S.T. Chatter Thread

Good Morning Girlfriends,
We have had 2 days of beautiful weather here, nice change from the rain we have been having.
My folks arrived a day early, which is typical, I've come to expect it and make sure everythings ready a day early. They drive here from Colorado and this time they were having trouble finding hotels with vacancy so each day they drove farther than planned thus getting here early.
We love having them so no problem. They stayed for 3 days and then yesterday we all got up early to take them to seattle where they left on a cruise to alaska, how fun, I'm so jealous. But first we met up with all our kids and had brunch so they could see Grandpa and Grandma.

My folks will be back in a week and plan to spend about 10 days here.

Our DS24 is leaving to drive across country to Georgia to Fort Benning tomorrow for 4 months of training, so we got to see him before he left too, that was nice.
Picked a bunch of stuff from my garden this week which we enjoyed everyday, sugar peas, kale, lettuce, broccoli, califlower, zucchini, chard, carrots, hoping to be able to freeze some too.
This morning off to church and then might just get into my sewing room for a while.
Dawn, happy cleaning, sorry I know it is a big job getting ready to sell a house.
Margo-so love your idea of the outhouse, what a cute idea.

DH is busy building a new fence, its really just for decoration, just separates the lawn from the driveway, not very long, the old one was white picket, is all rotted and the new one is treated would with now paint so hopefully less maintinance.
Well off to ride the exercise bike and eat some breakfast.
Hugs to all
Valorie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2011, 07:02 AM

Hello
I am still cleaning out my house. A much bigger job than I thought, just too much junk. I have saved all my greeting cards and now I am going to take a little bit of time each day to look at them and then toss them. There are still closets to go through. YIKES! Being a stay at home mom all of those years and keeping things up went out the window when I started babysitting my grandnieces 13 years ago and went from that to working at Curves, so now that I am home, the battle plan is to take over my house again. LOL I do have an interview today at 1:00 with a lady whose DH was in a bad accident and has brain damage. He is in a wheel chair, she is his caregiver and needs to get out of the house once in a while, so I am going to go and meet with her and see what her expectations are. I think she is only looking for someone 1 or at the most 2 days a week. So, I think I can do it. My DH on the other hand is apprehensive about it, I told the lady, so he is going with me. LOL MEN! But it is OK, because my girlfriend who told me about it said this lady misses going to church, they live right up the road from my church, so if I take the job, one thing we will offer is for my DH to come and sit with her DH on Sunday morning while she goes to church. I can drop mine off on my way to church. LOL We shall see.
No Grandbabe yet, any minute though. We are just waiting on the call.
Better go andget my day started.
Good Luck Dawn on getting your house together and on the market, that is a big job. You sound super busy to Valorie, wow an Alaskan cruise, sounds heavenly.
Take care all
Unread 07-28-2011, 02:26 PM

Hi BEST Friends

Just popping in to say hello. Today is my birthday and I got to enjoy an hour in the pool and some reading time. DH is making dinner and my youngest DD baked a pan of brownies. Oldest DD has to work till 10pm so won't see her till the weekend. MIL is coming for dinner. So I plan to play some Bananagrams this evening.

We finally finished the fence project yesterday. We wanted new fencing but found the price out of our range right now. So DH simply 'dog eared" the tops of the pickets, cut off the gothic tops of the posts and put new "flat caps" with decorative molding under them. And we painted it with a new fresh coat of white paint. Voila!! New fence. All for about $100.00. That should hold up a couple more years while I save up for a nice new fence.

Now we are rethinking where we will put the new deck for our pool. We may extend our existing deck out to the pool after all. DH wants to put our "hatch cover" bar out side near the patio and I don't want it taking up room on the brick patio. He said how about the back deck - I said no unless he expands our existing deck........ sooooo..... we will see. I still dont' think it will get done this summer. I think we will need our income tax refund for this little project.

Margo - hope you get a new grandbaby soon! How did the job interview go?

Val - glad you had time to visit with sons & grandparents before DS left for GA. Hope he has safe travels. And glad your parents will be coming back to spend time with you after their cruise. My aunt just got back from Seattle from an Alaskan cruise. She said she had a lovely time.

To everyone else - know that I read and cought up - just can't remember what I read.

So for those with downsizing, babies on the way, classes to study for, and beans to be canned. I'm thinking of all of you.

I'm off ladies. I hope to pop in again in a few days. My 10 year hysterversary is coming up and I'll try to remember it. Notice I said "try". LOL.

Hugs everyone -
Melis
Unread 07-29-2011, 05:36 AM

Happy belated Birthday Melissa!

Take Care, Dawn
Unread 07-29-2011, 11:13 PM

Happy belated Birthday Melissia!

Well just had a very productive day and as for that matter a productive week.
Today, had an early meeting with my managers, then worked, training a new girl that is catching on quick, Yes!, ran some errands, took a nap, was suppose to go back to work, but they didn't need me so cleaned house, did laundry and worked in the garden, all till about 9pm. Parents come back tomorrow, so wanted to be ready for them.
Have the weekend off so plan to take in a festival in a neighboring town, there's a car show so thought my dad would enjoy that.
For some reason this time running low on things to do with my mom and dad, we usually go and do little day trips running out of new things to do, might have to ask what they want to do again that we have done in years past.
We are also going to hang around home a little more and my mom and I are going to work on a quilt I started years ago. I also have to work more this time while they are here so will spend the afternoons and evenings with them. They don't seem to mind they love where we live. Anyway anytime with them is great to have.
Getting excited for my sister to come in a week too.
Our weather has finally turned beautiful on a continuous basis, high 70's, perfect.
Hope that grandbabe has arrived Margo,
Hello to all by BEST friends.
Valorie
Unread 07-30-2011, 06:29 AM

Hello Girlfriends
No baby yet, both nephews have had theirs, talked to Daugher-in-law last night and she said "we are just saving the best till last" LOL
Happy Belated Birthday Melissa, I haven't been checking in much so I can keep my phone line open.
Enjoy your time with your parents Valorie. Melissa, great job on the fence, old things becoming new again is wonderful! Hope you get your deck.
My sisters and I went to a place called Piccadilly Parlour 'Victorian Tea Room' to celebrate my oldest dsis and my Birthdays, it was so much fun. So we have decided to find out of the way places to celebrate our Birthdays, so in December we will take next to oldest Dsis to the Hart Mansion in Minerva, Ohio, it sounds beautiful.
Melissa, i did go for the inteview, I am thinking about this job, not sure if I am equiped mentally to handle this man. There is a lift to get him out of his wheelchair into bed for a nap in the afternoon and to change him if it is early morning you have to bathe him and he requires diabetic shots. DH went with me, he is worried. This man swears constantly, but I am guessing it is due to his brain injury. He yells at his wife, who desperately needs to get out of that house and have some fun once in a while. I cried when we left because it is so sad. I'm just not sure what I will do. I didn't ask if he gets violent, so when i talk to her that will be one of my questions. We will see.
I need to go and get this day started and hopefully get a phone call to head to the hospital!
See you later
Unread 07-30-2011, 12:21 PM

Hi My Best Friends~

I am STILL working on my house. It is going slower than I hoped. It's amazing how much one can accumulate! I sure hope all this work will pay off for us in the end!

Hope you all are having a great summer!

Take Care, Dawn
Unread 07-31-2011, 07:10 AM

Hi My Best Friends~

***Warning***
More house venting coming, skip if you'd like....

I finally have gotten most of the organizing and decluttering done to where I can start cleaning really good now. This is a very sad thing for us to be doing and I just want it over with! Hope to have it on the market by the end of the week next week.

Food choices for me has been fairly good. I am mindful of what I eat for my diabetes and have been working hard on the house so I am hoping to have it help a little in the weight loss department.

Wish me luck...I need it!

Take Care, Dawn
Unread 07-31-2011, 03:48 PM

Dawn, congratulations on your fantastic progress with decluttering and organizing. Also congrats on good food choices! Good luck on market when you get there.

to everyone, Margo, Valorie, Melissa, Barri, PJ, I'm thinking of you all!

Desk
Unread 08-01-2011, 05:46 AM

Here's the link to our new Hot August Thread!!! Enjoy the next month of chatting.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=450546
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register