Post-op Members: Life in the years AFTER hysterectomy: Any sisters in their 20's? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op Members: Life in the years AFTER hysterectomy: Any sisters in their 20's? Post-op Members: Life in the years AFTER hysterectomy: Any sisters in their 20's?

Unread 05-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Hi

I was 33 when I had my LSH ......I was not in my 20's but close I thought...Denise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Post-op Members: Life in the years AFTER hysterectomy: Any sisters in their 20's?

Hi im sabrina im 26 will be 27 june the 29th i have a 7 year old son and had an LVAH on may 22nd of 2008 they had to take everything even though they were trying to atleast leave my overies i am glad to see that i have some fallen comrads with me on this one it seems so odd to know that your only 20 somehting and will soon be experiencing menopause i would love to talk to any of yall about what your going through and such
Unread 06-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Post-op Members: Life in the years AFTER hysterectomy: Any sisters in their 20's?

Good day everyone, I'm 25... had my TVH 6 months ago. Never thought I would be menopausal at the ripe age of 24 but here we are, right?!?! I don't miss the pain everyday. I do miss my sanity on somedays however. LOL... Finding the right HRT for me has been quite a challenge. But I keep my chin up, educate myself, and am learning to modify my lifestyle to encompass the fact that I AM menopausal, and there ARE things you must do differently. The only difference is... we are doing them about 20-30 years sooner =)

Hope you are recovering well, SissyBree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Wink - Post-op Members: Life in the years AFTER hysterectomy: Any sisters in their 20's? Post-op Members: Life in the years AFTER hysterectomy: Any sisters in their 20's?

Hey girls I cant believe how many people are in their 20's and are having hysterectomies. I am 25 and had my TVH (kept ovaries) on may 20th due to mennarghia and slight uterine prolapse. My tubes were tied in january 2004 after my second child. But after my hyst, I am still sad about never being able to really carry a child again, even though my tubes were tied. I am so happy I found this sight I am on here everyday! These women on here are so wonderful and brave. I dont really have many friends that could understand what i am going through. Its nice to chat with others my age that can relate because DH sure cant. If anyone has myspace and would like to become my friend on there my URL is <oops! removed for your security>

TVH(kept ovaries)-due to mennarghia Pelvic pain, slight uterine prolapse- age 25
Unread 06-09-2008, 12:34 AM
hi amm

hi amm im also in my 20's had a complete hysterectomy may 22nd 2008 they couldnt leave anything i sent you a myspace request im sissy bree hope to talk to you
Unread 06-09-2008, 12:36 AM

hi hothot im right there with you sweetie hot flashes night sweats no sleeping till after 3 am its a long road but im so glad ive found people on here to travel it with
Unread 07-12-2008, 09:30 AM

I just found this website and then this thread and I am so glad I did. I am 25 yrs old and am 9 days post op. I had a radical abdominal hysterectomy for cervical cancer. I haven't had very much pain in the last few days, just trying to deal with my lovely (NOT!) bladder issues now.
Unread 07-13-2008, 10:33 AM

theyoungest20

We're very glad you found us too and hope you'll enjoy the amazing support and information here.

Have you found the <link> Post-Op Support Forum yet? If not, you'll find all your ((sisters)) recovering from surgery there. Please don't hesitate to start a new thread if you've any recovery concerns. We also have a Post-Op Page which is packed with information and a wonderful group of ladies in our Cancer Concerns Forum, who are always more than willing to share.

Sending all good wishes for a smooth recovery and we look forward to seeing you over on the support boards!

Unread 07-30-2008, 10:14 AM

Hello Jennifer, and to everyone else!

I'm 25, and had my Hysto on June 26th.
Tomorrow is 5 wks post-op.
It is still emotional and a shock to have this surgery at this age, and not have any of my friends know what it is like.

Here's to making new friends here.

Hugs,
Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenTN
I am 26 and had my hysterectomy on 9/20. I was just wondering if there are any others in my boat. It is kind of surreal having this done at such a young age- I am going around having hot flashes while my friends are battling menstrual cramps!

Thanks,
Jennifer
Unread 07-30-2008, 01:20 PM

welcome proud_m_and_w,
i am also 25 and had my tvh on may 20th this year! i am feeling so good. my pain is gone no more cramps and bleeding, and no more spending $ on period crap. life is great. i hope you find this site as helpful as i have. and here's to making new friends! I also have a myspace page if you would like to become my friend my url is www.myspace.com/MANDY___LOVES__CHRIS

TVH kept ovaries -age 25-may 20,2008-due to mennarghia, pelvic pain & uterine prolapse
tubal-age21-jan 28 2004

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register