TAH BOS Coming Soon! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH BOS Coming Soon! TAH BOS Coming Soon!

Unread 02-11-2010, 06:41 PM
TAH BOS Coming Soon!

Hi!

I just stumbled across this site yesterday and am so relieved to have found such a wealth of real life experiences!

My name is Kimm. I am 28 (will turn 29 while recovering) and am having a TAH BOS on February 22nd for 3rd degree uterine prolapse, endometriosis and what looks to be pcos. I was diagnosed with endo at the ripe young age of 14 via lap and it's been a long road since. I have had cysts rupturing nearly every other month for years now. Some far worse than others.

I went to my ob/gyn last week suspecting prolapse as I started having pretty severe incontinence issues that were made worse by my periods and all of a sudden I couldn't use tampons anymore. They wouldn't go in all the way and then they would get stuck I also started having very bizarre bloating off and on through the month that was VERY painful
That's when my prolapse was diagnosed and upon further evaluation and testing it was determined that my ovaries were extremely swollen and that it would be highly unlikely that they would be able to leave them in tact.

My emotions are all over the board. One minute I'm scared to death and the next I am so happy to know that all of this will be over soon. I can't be on my feet for more than 15 minutes at a time because the pressure down below and the tugging in my abdomen and lower back are getting worse as the days go on.

I'm afraid of menopause. I'm thrilled to not have to deal with the 19 day cycles. I'm petrified of how this is going to affect my already non existent sex drive. I'm ecstatic that I won't EVER have to have a cyst rupture and send me to the ER. I'm frightened beyond belief and extremely anxious of this is going to affect my personality and health.

So here I go... on an adventure that I hope and pray will give me a far better future!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Re: TAH BOS Coming Soon!

(((Kimm)))!

We're glad you stumbled upon HysterSisters, too! It is an awesome site loaded with information, support and plenty of !

My emotions were all over the place before my hysterectomy, too. I was scared, nervous, excited...you name it, so I can relate to how you're feeling. Many of us can.

Please make yourself at home! We're glad you joined us!

I hope everything goes very well for you!

Deb
Unread 02-12-2010, 01:10 AM

Right there with you sweetie.

I am having a TAH with BOS on 4/5/2010, so mine is still a little away. My moods and emotions are all over the place. Just today I was all crying and upset because DH and I can't get to see Wicked the musical at a theater close to here (it's the Broadway production no less). It just seems everything is bigger and stronger - no matter which feeling, good or bad.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2010, 05:44 AM

Welcome to be BEST site in cyber space... You prolly don't have any idea what you have stumbled upon... This place is awesome... I am also a newbie, been here about 3 weeks I think, and I still find new corners...
Oh and we will be recovering at the same time, ( if I go thru with mine, which is a whole new thread) as my surgery is scheduled for the 23rd...
Welcome again... Get in here and post and get to know these ladies and the site...
Gina
Unread 02-12-2010, 07:58 AM

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and hugs!!

I have so many questions that I can't even gather my thoughts enough to concoct them

So, we have surgery scheduled for the 22nd. I will be doing a miralax bowel prep. It will be under general anestetic with a spinal for pain control. They will also place a pain pump under my incision instead of in my shoulder, anyone know details on that? My dh is taking 2 weeks off of work then my mom will be with me for a week and then my bff will be with me for a week. I have contacted a local pharmacy that does compounding of natural hrt and will borrowing some books for the next week on all of that.

Now what else do I need to know and do? I feel pretty well prepared but I know that nothing will have me totally prepared for what I about to do!

Can I get some words from the wise?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register