6 months Post full hyst and I have gained 50 pounds HELP !! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 months Post full hyst and I have gained 50 pounds HELP !! 6 months Post full hyst and I have gained 50 pounds HELP !!

Unread 04-09-2013, 01:30 AM
Re: 6 months Post full hyst and I have gained 50 pounds HELP !!

Just called today and made an apt myself too Igoogled info about thyroid and I have every single symptom plus I joined a biggest loser local weigh in club and today was the last weigh in to announce the winner well I lost went home crying in 35 days I gained12 lbs IM DONE IM TO YOUNG FOR ALLL THIS I SO UPSET I CAN'T STOP CRYING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2013, 10:16 AM

I understand this frustration. I maintained my weight for about 5 months after surgery and them BAM put on 20 lbs. It seems to all be in my tummy. I feel like I will never wear "normal" clothes again. I live in sweats and jammies....jeans that fit around tummy are very baggy on my legs...lol.

I had surgery in July, and started seriously exercising in sept....I walk 20-30 minutes a day up and down the hills behind my house, to taebo 3 days a week and my eliptical for 20 minutes 2 days a week, light weights 3-5 days a week.....as I keep gaining weight and getting more depressed my son keeps telling me Muscle weighs more then fat.

I love myfitnesspal.com you can track your calorie intake and level of calories burned there, and yes...you make much better food choices when you see them written down, even if you are only accountable to yourself.
Are thyroid problems common after hysterectomy?
Unread 04-17-2013, 02:08 PM

My 18 year old son eats very healthy. One of his favorite recipes is sweet potatoes/yams cut in slices, spray with spray butter and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 350 for an hour. He cooks all his own meals, so he will make 2 potatoes at a time and reheat them for 3 or 4 meals....with it he will eat a chicken breast or fish that he BBQ's. He makes his own refried beans by boiling down pinto beans and then adds shredded chicken to them and eats them wrapped in low carb tortillas. He also makes sweet potato pancakes using whole wheat flour. There are a lot of healthy, low fat alternatives out there....good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2013, 07:28 PM
6 months Post full hyst and I have gained 50 pounds HELP !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredamI View Post
I understand this frustration. I maintained my weight for about 5 months after surgery and them BAM put on 20 lbs. It seems to all be in my tummy. I feel like I will never wear "normal" clothes again. I live in sweats and jammies....jeans that fit around tummy are very baggy on my legs...lol.

I had surgery in July, and started seriously exercising in sept....I walk 20-30 minutes a day up and down the hills behind my house, to taebo 3 days a week and my eliptical for 20 minutes 2 days a week, light weights 3-5 days a week.....as I keep gaining weight and getting more depressed my son keeps telling me Muscle weighs more then fat.

I love myfitnesspal.com you can track your calorie intake and level of calories burned there, and yes...you make much better food choices when you see them written down, even if you are only accountable to yourself.
Are thyroid problems common after hysterectomy?
Yes a low or slow thyroid is a side affect of hysterectomy & menapause
Its do frustrating I'm allergic to fresh fruit & veggies I have to carry an epie pen
I gave no energy to walk or anything :-\ but I will try to start
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:47 PM

I was the same way with the low energy. I found out my iron was very low. Once I started my ferrous sulfate, I had all kinds a of energy and now look forward to working out. You may want to schedule an appointment to have the doc test for thyroid problems, iron level, and maybe speak with a nutritionist? Good luck and keep us updated. :-)
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:06 PM

Hi, I'm new here and glad that I found your post. I too have food allergies and carry an epi pen. Mine with fruit is mold related. If you don't mind me asking what are yours with the fruits? I get weekly allery shots and still eat my fruits and veggies some just react differently than others for me anyway. I also have yeast allergies so I can relate to what you are dealing with. I I hope you do find some relief soon but I would suggest keeping a food journal and make sure that your not going over your daily caloric needs as well as this will cause weight gain. I had a Hystorectomy 13 years ago "uterus and cervix" and am going back in on May 7th for a possible TAH left overy and tube for sure to be removed.
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2young4change View Post
I had a Hystorectomy 13 years ago "uterus and cervix" and am going back in on May 7th for a possible TAH left overy and tube for sure to be removed.
Hi there, and to HysterSisters. I just want to clarify some terms. A TAH is the removal of the uterus including the cervix. You are going in for an salpingo oophorectomy either unilateral or bilateral if they take both sides. You will need to change your Hysterectomy date to your original surgery. You can do that under the Members tab at the top of this page.
Unread 05-01-2013, 10:08 PM
6 months Post full hyst and I have gained 50 pounds HELP !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2young4change View Post
Hi, I'm new here and glad that I found your post. I too have food allergies and carry an epi pen. Mine with fruit is mold related. If you don't mind me asking what are yours with the fruits? I get weekly allery shots and still eat my fruits and veggies some just react differently than others for me anyway. I also have yeast allergies so I can relate to what you are dealing with. I I hope you do find some relief soon but I would suggest keeping a food journal and make sure that your not going over your daily caloric needs as well as this will cause weight gain. I had a Hystorectomy 13 years ago "uterus and cervix" and am going back in on May 7th for a possible TAH left overy and tube for sure to be removed.

Hi I'm 33 and have had food allergies from about 11 years old mine are fresh or frozen or even natural flavored foods like juice desserts and veggies what happens is if eat or come into skin on skin contact my tounge swells itchy mouth throat ears then full on hive head to toe that feel like my skins on fire and itchy all at the same time followed by lungs tighrinhg making it difullfficult to breath and all this happens in 15 minutes it SUCKS basically no salads no fresh fruit and I'm allergic to gluten im miserable
Unread 05-02-2013, 05:39 PM

i am so sorry that you have to deal with so much at all at once, i know what a struggle dealing with the allergies is like. When i learned of mine it helped for me to make a list of all the foods that i could eat and then chose the healthiest ones fro the list. so my typical breakfast might look like this Old fashoned oatmeal with cinnamon, stevia, and flax seed and on occasion a spoon full of peanut butter. another option for me is turkey sausage and liquid eggs or a greek yogurt with chia seeds or flax seed and raw honey. lunch time seems to be a little tougher for me but it's generally chicken or fish related. i also will have a whey protein shake this is one thing that helped me when i really needed it. i know that what works for me may not be what will work for you, but dont give up. i know for me i had to embrace it and accept that this is what it is and i made the changes that i needed to to see the results that i wanted to see. good luck
Unread 05-02-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni3ll3 View Post
Hi there, and to HysterSisters. I just want to clarify some terms. A TAH is the removal of the uterus including the cervix. You are going in for an salpingo oophorectomy either unilateral or bilateral if they take both sides. You will need to change your Hysterectomy date to your original surgery. You can do that under the Members tab at the top of this page.

Thank you so much!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register