not as bad as I thought | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

not as bad as I thought not as bad as I thought

Unread 09-26-2011, 07:12 AM
not as bad as I thought

I got on the scale today for the first time since surgery and I only gained 7 pounds I really thought it was more. I have not been making the right choices in eating so it is my own fault but I thought it would be more like 15 pounds. I will start walking more and eating better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Re: not as bad as I thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justlee View Post
I got on the scale today for the first time since surgery and I only gained 7 pounds I really thought it was more. I have not been making the right choices in eating so it is my own fault but I thought it would be more like 15 pounds. I will start walking more and eating better.
Its good to hear that you haven't gain as much as you thought. Yeah I think eating the right foods and walking will help lose weight and maintain weight. Instead of buying fattening foods and junk food try to replace them with healthier foods. For example for me I love sweets and chips so I usually buy something like Kashi Bars/Luna Bars or Kids Cliff bars. For salty snacks instead of chips I buy triscuits,soy crisps,light pop corn by Smart Balance.
Unread 09-26-2011, 08:33 AM

Thanks. My downfall right now is vanilla ice cream but I am getting over it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2011, 08:54 AM

Good to hear! I was horrified when I'd gained 15 pounds by POD2 . . . I wasn't even thinking about the gain I'd have due to inflammation and being pumped full of fluids and all that; I was honestly expecting a loss, trying to calculate how much a fibrotic uterus could weigh! ;-) I'm only a few days shy from being 2 weeks post-op, and I've lost that 15 pounds plus another 5 so far. I just don't seem to have my pre-op appetite, which is a good thing!! It's easier to make more healthful food choices when you're just not hungry for anything.

Best wishes!!
Unread 09-26-2011, 08:58 AM

I lost a good 6 or 7 lbs the first couple weeks...but I too have had ice cream and chocolate cravings...eating poorly. But that is about to change. I've vowed to get back into the gym and start easing back into a routine of better food choices and exercise. Clothes are starting to get a little more snug again...and that just wont do!
Unread 09-26-2011, 11:05 AM

TangoRomeo what is POD2? Great job on your loss! cgm10sne1 I cant wear my jeans right now but I could two weeks after surgery I kept saying wow I must be swollen nope its the ice cream
Unread 09-26-2011, 11:06 AM

Sorry . . . POD2 = post-op day 2, or two days after my surgery (the day of surgery is considered day '0' if that makes sense!).
Unread 09-26-2011, 11:10 AM

Yes it makes sense when I read it before I just couldn't figure it out lol
Unread 09-26-2011, 11:26 AM

Wow thats great TangoRomeo about your weightloss. The most I have lost was 5 pounds. I go by clothes more and bodyfat then the scale. My jeans and shorts are looser and can fit into shorts that were snug before the surgery. Measurements are really good and I'm finally being able to do intervals on the treadmill. Doctor gave me the go and said I can jog or do intervals. Did 6 miles today and it felt great!!!
Unread 09-26-2011, 12:16 PM

I'm 2 weeks Post-Op, and so far have lost 8 pounds. I'm eating light and doing some walking, but not a lot... yet

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register