Had a UFE | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives > Options and Alternative Success Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Had a UFE

And IT'S OVER!!! Okay, long story short: I had a large (10cm) Uterine Fibroid, a/k/a "BROIDZILLA". Was scheduled for a Supra Cervical Hysterectomy. Thanks to this amazing site, I went for a Second Opinion. Abdominal Myomectomy apparently WAS an option! Went back to the first surgeon, and she agreed to perform the Abdominal Myomectomy, but I should prepare myself for a Hysterectomy. I just turned 45, no children, married 3 years. No matter what I was going to have, the whole "ABDOMINAL" route scared me! I want to tell you it was NOTHING like I'd imagined! I am completely fine, not in pain (just some itching where the scar is), and I feel wonderful!!! Pathology came back negative and I am so relieved that this is behind me!!! Two things: The waiting IS the hardest part, and Abdominal Surgery isn't always a nightmare!!! I must mention quickly that I had a Spinal Fusion 14 years ago, and was more afraid of THIS surgery than I was of THAT! Take a deep breath, and go in with a positive attitude. Whatever surgery you are having, or end up having, you WILL BE FINE!!! I guess I'm not quite a , but I feel like a QUEEN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Re: I promised i'd share when it was over...had a myomectomy

Hi Shari65

I wondered what happened with your second opinion, and I'm so glad you've come back with an update.

I've moved your thread here into the Options and Alternatives forum so it can inspire others who are trying to explore their options and possibly avoid a hysterectomy.

I'm so glad to know that everything went okay and I wish you well!

Unread 10-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Had a UFE

I had a 10cm fibby - and 5 days ago had the Uterine Fibroid Embolization. or however you spell it. Today I feel great. The day of it was pretty tolerable - the next 2 days between pain, meds, barfing, sleeping was a mix of pain and um, well all that. It's too soon to know the results but I walked this morning - can function as usual, and have a week off work for um, relaxing I guess. So far it's a good alternative to shrinking the fib w/o having major surgery - since my only symptoms were pressure caused by the size alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Re: I just had UFE

Thanks for sharing your update with us! I am sorry you had a few rough days but am glad you are better now!

I do hope this alternative turns out to be all that you hoped it would be and you are able to avoid the hysterectomy all together!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register