bladder pressure anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bladder pressure anyone? bladder pressure anyone?

Unread 05-21-2005, 03:44 AM
bladder pressure anyone?

Has anyone dealt with pressure on the bladder at one week post op? If so, what is it, how can I get rid of it, I need some relief!!!!
I've been dealing with it all night and have not be able to get any sleep. I feel like I constantly have to pee. I can't get comfortable on my back at all and that is the only way that I can sleep right now. Can't sleep on my sides yet. I was even thinking of taking a blanket in to the bathroom and just staying in there for a while.

Thanks for your help!

Charlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2005, 06:02 AM
bladder pressure anyone?

I am sorry to hear that!That happened to me right after they took the cath out at the hospital.Went on for about 2 hrs......finally stopped,or settled down.Maybe now you have a small infection though,so give a call to the doc.they should be able to give you something to stop the spasming....probably will have to be seen or do some lab work .Good luck.....
Unread 05-21-2005, 06:44 AM
bladder pressure anyone?

Call your doctor and let him know. You might be having bladder spasms which are normal and they can give you meds to help. I had the same problem too. It lasted for several days and went away gradually. I'm 3 weeks out and my bladder is showing signs of recovery from having a fibroid pressing on it. I feel like I have a greater capacity than before surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2005, 07:11 AM
Me too! Me too!

Charlene,

Looks like the Charlene's have identical problems! I had my catheter removed yesterday (5/20) 4 days post-op and I have had the awful feeling of having to go to the bathroom constantly. Have you called the doctor yet? I haven't because I'm hoping it will calm down soon.

Last night was awful. I was up every hour and every time I stand up I almost wet myself.

Charlene

Unread 05-21-2005, 11:01 AM
bladder pressure anyone?

It may just be bladder spasms but it could also be a Urinary Tract Infection and /or urinary retention. Please call your Dr.
Hope you feel better soon.
Sharon
Unread 05-21-2005, 12:26 PM
bladder pressure anyone?

Hi Ladies,
I am 12 days post op now, and I still don't feel like I can hold much in my bladder at a time. When the urge hits me I better be close to a restroom!

I also am still waking up 5 or 6 times a night to use the restroom. I think this is all normal because I asked the doctor about it and he said that I should not worry, everything inside has been distrubed and it will take time for everything to get back to 100%
Unread 05-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Still Bladder Pressure

I hear your pain. I'm 2 weeks 2 days post op...but who is counting!!!! I carry a pillow to the bathroom with me and scream and cry into it so I don't scare my 3 kids with the painfull, tearfull screams. I do have a bladder infection as it turns out. Taking anti-bio for that but not helping so far. My best advice is call the MD and explain.....and take it easy.....stay in bed.....drink lots of water.....and get some stool softeners(relieves a lot of pressure)...and maybe some gas X. It has helped me for the last day....I hope it keeps up. I still have some pain but it is a lot better than before.

Hope you feel better,

Fantasy Goddess

TAH....+ ovaries
Unread 05-21-2005, 04:02 PM
bladder pressure anyone?

I had the same problem even while I was still in the hospital right after the surgery. It was because of the catheter. What my doctor prescribed was for bladder spasms. It is 4mg Detrol LA.
They seemed to help, but they made me feel like I had indigestion. After taking a few days, I was just fine thereafter. I think that I took them for a total of 6 days.
Unread 06-01-2005, 11:55 AM
bladder pressure anyone?

Thanks ladies! Sorry that it took me so long to write back. I've been without a computer/internet for a week and a half and I've been missing reading all the wonderful posts.

My pressure only lasted that one night. I ended up taking some gas medicine and a tylenol and went right to sleep after being up for almost 24 hours.

Hugs and best wishes,

Charlene

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register