4 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy: Pain and swelly belly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy: Pain and swelly belly 4 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy: Pain and swelly belly

Unread 10-26-2015, 06:23 AM
4 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy: Pain and swelly belly

So im 4 weeks po today from a full abdominal hysterectomy took everything but ovaries. My dr gaff to remove a very large amount of scare tissue through out the abdominal area, on my bladder and intestines abd she said my uterus was 3 times the size it should be. I have swelly belly so bad and the pain is still so bad. My incesion reoped in a few spots but have now closed except one spot. All has been checked by my dr and she said 8 weeks before i feel better and minimal activity till then. Can anyone tell me if this normal , if 8 weeks really is true how do i do this also while begin a stay at home mom with a 3 5 and 7 yr old and a husband that works 24 hr shifts snd maxed his sick days to help and I hate to say this i cant stand to have family around anymore. Help!any advice id appreciate how to get through :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Re: 4 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy: Pain and swelly belly

It sounds like you had a lot of surgery, so your insides probably need longer to heal.

If your incision opened, is it possible you were doing too much? I'm not criticising you in any way - having two young children must make it very difficult to rest properly and kids don't always understand why they can't be picked up by Mum!

You can't fast-track your recovery - only rest and time will do that. I hope you feel better soon.

Unread 10-26-2015, 01:49 PM
Re: 4 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy: Pain and swelly belly

Your not critizing at all, i wish i was doing to much because then i could slow down and get my answer but I've literally been doing very little besides resting which was wondering if that was the reason not doing enough?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register