Not Scheduled Still waiting for an appointment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still waiting for an appointment Still waiting for an appointment

Unread 06-27-2015, 05:40 AM
Still waiting for an appointment

Hello Everyone,
Last Friday I went to see an uro that told me my uterus had prolapsed. I asked him to refer me to a gyn,because I owe that particular place money, I was informed that he would not give me a refer me to a gyn,(like he's holding my referral ransom).So, I called my Doc asked them to get my records ,so I could proceed. My mother and I use the same doc.so I'm on good terms with the staff there. The receptionist said shed call the uro's office and get the report and they said they would fax it over ,I patiently waited a couple of days hoping to hear from my doc's office, I called and nothing has been sent over. She said she would call them again and see if she could get the papers we need to summit to the insurance. Hurry up and wait.
In the meantime, I have a job that has a lot of heavy lifting. Some boxes weigh up to 55 pds and we have trucks come in with products three times a week. I'm wondering if I will be able to perform my job after this surgery.?????When I asked the uro doc about the lifting he said "the damage has already been done",
I've made a list of things I need to take care of, take to the hospital and am reading lots of posts on here .My daughter is not working currently and will help me. I want to get the house cleaned and make sure there's food in the house. Ive talked to a few friends told them of my up coming surgery. I want this to be over with so I can feel better, and get back to my old self again.Thanks for letting me vent .Dragonfire Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2015, 07:16 AM
Re: Still waiting for an appointment

Wow, that's a bit of a mess with your uro! Even if you owe them money, they don't have the right to hold your records hostage.

Re: lifting on your job, I was told not to lift more than 10 lbs for the first four weeks, not more than 30 lbs for the next two weeks and then start off slowly and cautiously. That worked for me.

*However*, I didn't have any prolapse issues. Prolapse issues are a whole different story, usually involving more stringent limits during recovery and sometimes life-time limits afterwards. Obviously your uterus is going to be gone, so *that's* not going to prolapse again! But exceeding your limits can lead to further prolapse issues with your bladder and bowels. :-(
Unread 06-27-2015, 05:53 PM

Hello Firedragonred,

In my own opinion, I, like Surprised, am concerned about the lifting requirements of your job and your doctor's response. I also believe serious further damage can be done.

In lieu of the above and even generally speaking, have you gotten a second opinion? If not, I would highly recommend it. It is very important to get as much info as possible with several doctors as they each may offer different advice and perspectives. I just want to make certain you know all options that are available to you.

You want to go into your surgery with confidence in yourself and that you selected the best doctor for the job.

Hugs and please keep us posted on your progress.

Please read this link on a second opinion:

Getting a Second Opinion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2015, 04:44 AM

Thanks for the replies ladies,
The reason I went to an urologist in the first place because I thought my bladder had fallen, I wasn't aware it was my uterus. So no to the question, I have not gotten any further them to see him. I don't like this particular set of doctors they send me to, I go see one and then have to go to see another (I have some other issues to),so I looked on line and there's a women's OB Gyn center here that specalicizes in what I need. I called to make an appointment but couldn't be seen without a referral, seems to me like the family doc I use could just make the referral without all this hassle One doc I went to at this place asked me why I was there, and have told her I had issues with my neck said she was not that kind if doc,fast forward I still haven't gotten my neck fixed!!!!I wont be going back to these people for my health care.
I was surprised when he said Hysterectomy, it caught me off guard. I figured a simple tie up to the bladder then good to go, so this is a whole different ball game. I'm still getting ready,getting the house cleaned, reading making lists, so I will be prepared as I can be. Hopefully this week I will hear something and get the ball rolling Thanks DF
Unread 06-28-2015, 07:36 AM

In cases of prolapse, whether it's the uterus, the bladder or the rectum, there really is no such thing as "a simple tie up." *Any* prolapse surgery is going to have consequences re: how much you can lift afterwards. :-(

Good luck sorting out your tangle of doctors!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register